STOCK IS HOT
- National Geo goes HD. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;5/20/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 21, p36
Reports the hiring of the post-production company Hi-Wire by the National Geographic Film Library in Minnesota, Minneapolis. Goal of the conversion of film archives to high definition; Comments of Matthew White on the technology; Tools used in the process.
- Yahoo! BB puts life into Japan broadband. Chan, Tony // Telecom Asia;Mar2002, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
Reports the launching of Yahoo online service in the broadband digital subscriber line market in Japan. Expansion of the distribution network; Improvement of the subscriber services; Support of the Japanese Ministry of Public Management, Home Affairs, Posts and Telecommunications.
- Yahoo BB: the model IP telco? Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the effort of Yahoo BB to make broadband a household item in Japan. Customers of the company; Plan of the company to enter into television broadcasting and other markets; Company operations.
- New broadband view. Chan, Tony // America's Network;5/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p22
Features the Yahoo! broadband (BB), Japan's entry into the digital subscriber lines (DSL) market in August 2001. Impact of Yahoo! BB on the prices of DSL in Japan; Total number of applications secured by Yahoo! BB as of January 2002; Accusation made by many analysts against Yahoo! BB.
- SBC, Yahoo! Hope for DSL Net Profits. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;9/16/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 33, p6
Reports on a co-branded broadband service from SBC and Yahoo! as of September 16, 2002. Placement of the campaign in television, print and radio; Description of the magazine advertisement of Yahoo!; Features of the service called SBC Yahoo! DSL.
- Surprise! Yahoo Goes Broadband. // Fortune International (Europe);05/29/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p67
Focuses on FinanceVision, a live 40-hour-a week business news show that is being broadcast only over the Internet on Yahoo. History of Yahoo's presence on the Web; Popularity of Yahoo among Internet users; How FinanceVision is the start of Yahoo's broadband strategy; The influence of broadband...
- BREAKING. // New Media Age;1/23/2003, p3
Presents an update on media-related businesses as of January 23, 2003. Changes to the senior management of Yahoo!; Rules for broadband operators launched by the government of Great Britain; Decision of research and analysis firm Forrester Research to acquire Giga Information Group.
- YOUR TAKE. // Telephony;7/1/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 26, p27
Presents a graphical representation of the major content provider that will make the most headway into the broadband services market. Yahoo; MSN; America Online.
- Net's next generation. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the preparations being done by Yahoo! Inc. to transform itself into a next-generation Internet company. Transfer of brand, services and style to a broadband universe; Planned deals with cable operators, telephone companies and Internet service providers; Possible deals with major...