Return of Weta's Effects Wizards
- Is 'King' the Golden 'Ring'? Johnson, Ted // Variety;10/6/2003 Supplement, Vol. 392 Issue 8, p48
Looks at the goal of New Line for the final chapter of its trilogy, "The Lord of the Rings," directed by Peter Jackson. Expectations from the film; Box office reputation of the film; Distinction of the third chapter from its previous episodes.
- ALL HAIL THE KING PART 2 OF 2. Williams, David E. // Cinefantastique;Feb/Mar2004, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p20
The article presents an interview with Peter Jackson, director of â€œThe Lord of Rings,â€ on the eve of the release of third part entitled â€œThe Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.â€ He explained that he felt exhausted because it was a long a complicated post-production...
- KING ME. Shepard, Lucius // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Jun2004, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p0
Reviews the motion picture "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," directed by Peter Jackson and starring Viggo Mortensen.
- New On DVD. Lynch, Jason // People;12/20/2004, Vol. 62 Issue 25, p36
This article reviews "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" (Special Extended DVD Edition). In this bountiful four-disc set, director Peter Jackson somehow makes 2003's Oscar winner even better by adding 50 minutes of stirring scenes, both grandiose and intimate.
- BATTLING EVIL AND MORTALITY. Cunneen, Joseph // National Catholic Reporter;1/16/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p16
Reviews two motion pictures "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," directed by Peter Jackson and "Les invasions barbares," by Denys Arcand.
- FULL CIRCLE. Lane, Anthony // New Yorker;1/5/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 41, p89
Highlights the motion picture "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," directed by Peter Jackson. Actors who appeared in the movie; Major characters in the film; Challenges encountered by Jackson in transferring the book to the screen; Factors that made the film well-loved by audiences.
- The Ring Returns: Adaptation and the Trilogy. Lane, Cara // Film & History (03603695);May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p67
Reviews the motion picture "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," directed by Jackson Peter.
- Online critics dial up 'King' for 10 noms. Gardner, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/30/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 46, p4
Peter Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" is a royal favorite of the Online Film Critics Society, which gave the trilogy ending New Line Cinema epic a leading 10 nominations for its 2003 OFCS Awards."King" picked up nominations for best picture, best director, best...
- GORILLA FILMMAKING. DeCarlo, Lauren // New York;4/21/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p76
Reports on the preparations of director Peter Jackson for the production and post-production of the movie 'The Return of the King.'