COOL GRAPHICS CLIPS
- Trapping and the split infinitive. Margulis, Dan // Computer Artist;Aug/Sep95, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on trapping in computer graphic printing. Trap as a split infinitive; Mastery of trap as distinguishing mark of the professional; Trap as willful introduction of a defect into a job; DTP programs; Four major problems in trapping. INSET: Readers to columnist: If it isn't white.., by D.M..
- Get to the Good Stuff. Margherio, Genevieve // Macworld;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p76
Discusses the steps involved in digitally removing photographs from backgrounds using the Layer Mask feature of Adobe Photoshop 5.0 and Photoshop LE. How to accurately trim a complicated shape out of a background; How to perfect the outline of a subject.
- THOSE OF US. STICKROD, RANDALL // Computer Graphics World;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p3
The author shares his perspective on computer graphics and the challenge of creating and displaying visual information.
- Every Picture Tells a Story. Warniers, Randall // Computer Graphics World;Oct98, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p25
Discusses the image-based rendering and modeling techniques for producing photographs. Advantage of photographs in computer graphics; Background on using a two-dimensional (2-D) image to represent a three-dimensional scene; Information on the success of image-based modeling and rendering in the...
- THE TECHNIQUES THAT ARE TRANSFORMING 3D. // PC Pro;Dec2013, Issue 230, p34
The article reports on advancements in 3D rendering techniques.
- Add Beautiful Blue Skies to Your Photos. Johnson, Dave // PCWorld;Jun2008, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p126
The article offers step-by-step instructions on how to edit a shot of a pale blue sky with Adobe Photoshop Elements.
- Roll Over with LiveMotion. Holzschlag, Molly E. // Macworld;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p80
Discusses the steps for adding interactivity to a Web site with remote rollovers. How to create the remote object; How to connect the trigger and the remote objects; Web site for downloading a free 30-day trial of Adobe LiveMotion for creating static and motion graphics.
- Using Blend modes. Bradley, Helen // Australian PC User;Collector's Edition 2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p93
Offers suggestions for using Paint Shop software and Photoshop software for blending layers in an image. Instruction for using the multiple blend mode in Paint Shop; Background on the Difference and Exclusion blend modes; Instruction for flattening the layers in order to have only one layer.
- The dawn of volume graphics. Foley, James D. // Computer Graphics World;Feb99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p18
Presents the concept of volume graphics in which the base unit is a three-dimensional regular grid of elements called voxel. Applications include imaging the interior of the human body and inspection of luggage at airports; Existence of enough relevant software to justify the production of a...