Student of the Year Award
- Leading from the top down stifles creative thinking. // Personnel Today;10/28/2003, p7
No abstract available.
- Which HR director has found vroom for improvement? // Personnel Today;5/25/2004, p48
In a break from "Ear to the Ground" tradition, people are going to name the participant in this week's dose of improbable HR folklore. The article asks to have a look at the provided photo of the mysterious rider and see if they can guess who it is. It is in fact NHS HR director Andrew Foster...
- NHS boss wants HR on hospital boards. Johnson, Rebecca // People Management;2/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the proposal of British National Health Services Executive human resources director Andrew Foster to include a personnel expert in the board of all hospital trusts. His reason for the proposal; Number of voting directorships in hospital boards.
- CONFERENCE QUOTES. // Personnel Today;5/2/2006, p8
The article presents quotes from political leaders in Great Britain. Patricia Hewitt, British Health secretary congratulates the HR function for delivering some major achievements in recent years. Andrew Foster, former workforce director of the British Department of Health feels sad to leave the...
- Healing hands. // People Management;9/14/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p15
The article presents views on the challenges being faced by Clare Chapman, director-general of workforce at the British Department of Health. Andrew Foster, human resources (HR) director at Blackpool, England, says that HR strategy that responds to the changing British National Health Service...
- Embrace tidal changes with good HR practices. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;10/5/2004, p4
The article focuses on the annual conference of the Association of Healthcare Human Resource Management held recently in Torquay, England. HR director Andrew Foster told delegates at the conference that implementing the Agenda for change pay systems was the big HR challenge and a great...
- SSE ASPIRING EXPLORERS PROGRAM. Chantal Toporow, C. M. // Journal of Scientific Exploration;2016, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p468
The article offers information on the Aspiring Explorers Prize offered by Society for Scientific Exploration (SSE) for meritorious student research projects wherein selected winners will be either invited to present the talk at the meeting or able to submit their paper as a poster session.
- NHS launches involvement pack to raise standards of
healthcare. // Personnel Today;10/7/2003, p4
The NHS is launching a staff involvement resource pack after studies proved that employee input into decision-making improves patient care. The pack, developed by the NHS HR directorate in partnership with NHS stakeholders, outlines the benefits of employee involvement, along with methods of...
- Raymond wins rubble deal. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Sep2008, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on a three-year contract awarded by Hopkins Recycling to Raymond Brown Minerals & Recycling to supply containers for separating and storing soil and rubble. Hopkins is one of the contractors of Hampshire County Council. The recycling rates of the county are expected to reach...