EU and Regions
- Cracking Tokyo. // Director (00123242);Jul97, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p33
Reports that the European Commission is offering grants worth 80,000 pounds to first-time United Kingdom participants in its Executive Training Programme (ETP) to go to Japan. Who programme is aimed at; Description of programme; Advantages of programme.
- EC net initiative has U.S. worried. Rodger, Will // Inter@ctive Week;11/03/97, Vol. 4 Issue 38, p48
Reports on a threat made by privacy officials in the European Community to stop Europeans from sending electronic information of all kinds to the United States. Circumstances surrounding this action taken; Comments from Peter Swire, professor of law at Ohio State University and author of a...
- Galileo ICD, Free at Last. // GPS World;May2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the publication of the updated Galileo Open Service Signal-In-Space Interface Control Document (OS SIS ICD) by the European Commission (EC) in Europe.
- Europe: what we really, really want. Leonard, Mark // New Statesman;03/26/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4429, p34
Proposes the need for a European Union dream to have a successful Europe. Comments on the European Commission and its role in making Europe successful; Comparison of the proposed elements of the European dream to the American Dream.
- List of Recent Notifications to the European Commission under Directive 98/34/EC. Vaqué, Luis González // European Food & Feed Law Review;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p290
The article presents several notifications to the European Commission (EC) under Directive 98/43/EC including from Belgium, Hungary, and Italy.
- EC anti-fraud drive creates 50 jobs. // Public Finance;4/8/94, p3
Reports on the job creation effect of the European Commission's (EC) anti-fraud drive. EC's efforts to eliminate corruption; 1994 budget of the EC; Improvement in the anti-fraud efforts.
- In brief. // Public Finance;12/10/93, p3
Reports on the promise made by the European Commission to increase staffing and resources at its fraud investigation unit. Allegations of fraud against the commission; Level of detected fraud.
- Birth certs for beef. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the European Commission's proposal for a compulsory labelling of beef introduced by the year 2000.
- EU support for International Fund for Ireland. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p40
Reports that the European Commission has arranged a proposal for continued European Union support for the International Fund for Ireland of 34 million European currency unit for the period 1998-99. Confirmation of the support of the Commission for the Northern Ireland peace process.
- Awards help small firms into research. // Professional Engineering;02/11/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p13
Announces that the European Commission is successful in its Exploratory Awards scheme to attract small and medium-sized organizations into technology programmes. Reference to 75 percent of the enterprises helped being involved for the first time; Indepth look at the awards.