- Cash Balance Plans: Helping Employers Meet Today's Staffing Needs. Hoeffner, Stephen J. // Benefits Quarterly;2001 First Quarter, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p33
Examines how cash balance plans better meet employers' staffing needs than traditional pension plans. Discussion of workforce management strategies developed by United States companies which are not supported by traditional compensation and benefits programs; Changing retirement benefits;...
- Pensions made to measure. Batchelor, Graham // Management Today;Dec1998, p82
Cites the considerations employers should ponder upon in choosing pension provision for workers in Great Britain. Determination of the type of scheme on the basis of the number and identity of members; Selection of who to include; Estimation of the members' contribution levels.
- Employee Benefits Awards 2006. // Employee Benefits;Sep2005, p20
Encourages all employers to participate in the Employee Benefits Awards 2006 in Great Britain. Recognition of the provider of remarkable employee fringe benefits; Categories of the award; Effectiveness in applying for new pensions simplification legislation.
- Top 10 most read stories this week. Crawford, Robert // Employee Benefits;3/28/2014, p10
The article outlines the top 10 most read articles on employeebenefits.co.uk from March 20-27, 2014, including Employee Benefits Awards 2014, Engagement biggest HR Challenge, Teachers to strike over pay and pension change.
- Bacardi and Samsung shortlisted for pensions award. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;5/7/2014, p3
The article reports on the "Best pensions communications--small employer" category of the Employee Benefits Awards 2014, with spirits company Bacardi Ltd. and conglomerate company Samsung Group among of the shortlisted employers.
- Employee Benefits/Lorica 100 Club Thinktank debate. Bettelley, Clare // Employee Benefits;6/3/2014, p4
The article presents a report on Lorica 100 Club Thinktank debate that features opinions on issues relating to employee benefits and personnel management. The report contains several articles and presents research findings on topics related to employee motivation, performance based bonuses, cost...
- The old good use, bad use benefits story. Albertson, David // Employee Benefit News;Sep2001, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p9
Deals with the advantages and disadvantages of employee benefits to companies. Hopes of chief financial officers and other top-level executives; Benefit issues that should be communicated to employees and upper management; Benefits that can maintain and promote a productive workforce.
- The Funded Status of a Multiemployer Pension Plan: What Is It and What Is Appropriate? Rust, Mike // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Mar2006, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p34
All pension plans are facing the impending retirement of huge numbers of baby boomers over the next ten years. The appropriate funded status of a plan is not how healthy it is now, but rather how healthy the plan is projected to be in the future. Projections of future funding requirements must...
- Bosses braced for simplification costs. // Employee Benefits;Feb2005, p14
Reports on results of a survey by Hewitt showing that most employers expect the cost of implementing pensions simplification to fall. Estimated bill of the legislation; Plans of the employers to introduce a flexible retirement policy when the legislation comes in; Role of the regime in changing...