Outdated offices fail to meet 21st century needs
- Os MÃºltiplos Desafios da GestÃ£o de Terceirizados: a experiÃªncia dos gestores de contratos. de Magalhães, Yana Torres; de Carvalho Neto, Antonio Moreira; Barros Gonçalves, Pedro Paulo // Revista de CiÃªncias da AdministraÃ§Ã£o;Jan2010, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p116
This article presents the results of a survey that had the purpose to evaluate the human resources (HR) practices adopted by a Brazilian industrial corporation from the viewpoint of contracting out managers to deal with four flexible workforce management challenges: qualification; quality;...
- Small firms embrace flexible working. // Management Services;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p4
This article focuses on a report on British small businesses offering flexible working arrangements for employees, released by the Small Enterprise Research Team at the Open University, and sponsored by Lloyds TSB Business in 2004. The report shows that 85 percent of small firms believe there...
- TEN WAYS TO... GET NOTICED. Browning, Guy // Management Today;Dec2003, p12
This article provides ten ways to get noticed. Some of them are, visit HR before they visit you, ask people what they do, talk to senior management, have good ideas and keep the credit, volunteer for projects and Organise social events.
- Formalized Flextime: The Perk That Brings Productivity. Gale, Sarah Fister // Workforce;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p38
States that companies are implementing formal policies for flexible scheduling of employees. Computer software on flexible time scheduling; Benefit of flexible scheduling; Policy of PricewaterCoopers company on flexible schedule. INSET: Experts share wisdom, experience in launching flex programs.
- Don't offer flex time; just be flexible. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;2/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p9
Offers pointers on how to manage employees with flexible work hours. Importance of productivity and performance; Companies' need to be flexible to the needs of employees; Disadvantage of work-at-home policies.
- hit parade... // Personnel Today;5/6/2008, p4
A list of most visited news stories on the online journal "Personnel Today" and their web links is presented including news related to rise in flexible working, changes in maternity law, and Sandy Leitch's skills report.
- Get on and get ahead. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p25
Presents several personnel management concerns. Consideration of flexible hours of labor in human resource (HR); Advantages of HR experiences in applying for flexible working arrangements; Tension between employees within the workplace. INSET: THE EXPERTS..
- Does flexitime make business sense? // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager;Oct97 Supplement, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p3
Examines the advantages of flexible work arrangements. Includes improvement of scheduling and productivity; Improvement of the quality of workforce; Reduction of employee stress.
- FLEXIBLE TIME SYSTEMS. Donahue, Robert J. // Public Personnel Management;Jul/Aug75, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p212
Focuses on the implementation of flexible time systems in New York. Demands for modifications in the typical working day; Establishment of own daily working schedules by employees; Definition of flex time; Advantages of flexible time systems; Significance of the systems for the personnel management.