The humble Fire Extinguisher – Hero in our midst
- Fire protection advice. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p48
Provides information on fire protection in the workplace. Importance of identifying the type of materials being stored at the premises; Use of fire extinguishers; Introduction of smoke detector fire alarm system; Benefits of training the warehouse employees on the use of fire extinguishers.
- Fire Suppression Systems: Making the Right Choice. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Apr2005, Vol. 206 Issue 3, p42
This article presents information about fire suppression systems that are used to prevent industrial workplace fires. Advanced automatic suppression systems typically include components that comprise three basic subsystems; detection, actuation and distribution. Sensors of various types are...
- PUTTING OUT FIRES. Murray, Scott J. // EHS Today;Jun2013, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p53
The article offers the author's perspective on the things to consider to train employees and prepare them to use a portable fire extinguisher. The author talks about his business that addressed the need for employees to achieve the goal. He also tackles the elements of a good fire extinguisher...
- DON'T START THE FIRE. FELLADORE, MELANIE // Supply House Times;Sep2015, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p81
The article offers tips on preventing accidental fires at work and at home. Topics covered include the four steps of fire prevention in the workplace, the importance of keeping all containers of flammable liquids in closed or covered areas and in areas free from sparks and flames, and the...
- Quality schemes, choice and independence vital for a healthy fire industry. Chamberlain, Roger // Fire Safety Engineering;Apr2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on correct and competent installation and maintenance of fire extinguishers and other fire protection equipment. A Registered Engineer Scheme has been set up by the British Fire Consortium (BFC) to reassure client companies and organizations that installation and maintenance...
- Proper Use of Fire Extinguishers. // Body Bulletin;Oct2002, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p4
Provides tips for proper use of fire extinguishers.
- A tool best left unused. Taylor, Jeff // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Feb97, Vol. 21 Issue 132, p61
Gives directions and tips on how to operate a fire extinguisher. Types of fires; Features of a household portable fire extinguisher; Color-coded pressure gauges; Keeping fire extinguishers in vehicles; Assessment of house for fire hazard. INSETS: Don't keep the home fires burning, by Nestor...
- Holiday home fire safety tips. // Ellis County Press;11/24/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p8
The article offers suggestions from Paul Davis Emergency Services to prevent fire at home during holiday season which includes use of non-combustible decoration, no broken sockets and fire extinguishers.
- Portable fire extinguishers. // Fleet Equipment;May98, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
Presents tips for handling and preventing fires. Types of fire identified by the National Fire Protection Association; Why extinguishers work; How to ensure the use of fire extinguishers during a fire.