Britain's work-related fatalities down, but still not acceptable
- Grand Strategists. Davidson, Mike // Executive Excellence;Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Deals with strategic management. Aim of strategic management; Cause of lack of competitiveness; Ten affirmations that grand strategists should use.
- A Fish Story. Yarbrough, Dick // Georgia Trend;May2003, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p118
The article focuses on business strategies of Pike Place Fish Market in Seattle, Washington. You will learn more from it than from some highpriced management guru who is quick to tell you how to operate your business, but most likely has not had to run one of his own. If you have been to...
- Creating Your Own Future. Waddell, Bill // Business Forum;Winter82, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p32
Examines key issues and developments relevant to strategic planning. Factors influencing corporate planning; Strategies for business planning; Implications for management and organization.
- THE MEANING OF STRATEGIC PLANNING. Ackoff, Russell L. // Management Review;Oct66, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p20
Examines the importance of strategic planning for business enterprises in the U.S. Differences between strategic planning and tactical planning; Determination of the minimum number of product classes which will yield the classes employed in each function of the business; Interactions between...
- Formal Planning Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them: Part 2. Stonich, Paul J. // Management Review;Jul75, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p29
Part II. Discusses the use of the development funds approach to ensure an action orientation for strategic planning and formal planning systems are more effective when integrated with an organization's other management systems. Reasons why corporate formal planning systems fail; Use of...
- Your business plan of action. SHELTON, DAVID // Money Marketing;1/8/2015, Issue 1467, p35
The article discusses the benefits of having an updated business plan including showing the ambition and direction of a business to existing and future employees and demonstrating an effective management to the regulator.
- Gain Strategic Thinking Skills. // Grovo Learning: Gain Strategic Thinking Skills;2016, p1
Video length: 1 minute and 50 seconds. In times of uncertainty, strategy gives direction, informs you of your priorities, and calms your nerves by providing big-picture clarity. As this video details, strategic thinking is the process that helps you develop a cohesive plan.
- Explain Your New Strategy By Emphasizing What It Isn't. Tasler, Nick // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;5/18/2015, p2
The article urges executives to use the compare and contrast technique to implement strategies within their companies and mentions the problems with planning processes such as management by objectives and balanced scorecards.
- WISE UP TO WORKERS' COMP. HARRIS, JEFFREY S. // Financial Executive;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p44
The article discusses issues related to workers' compensation. Companies, though they are aware of their total workers' compensation costs, often do not know the cost per person. In order to determine these costs one must review the structure, management, and results of the workers' compensation...