Integration is Key
- Ten ways to make sure you really make a profit. Blackmore, Julian; Kendrick, Terry // Management Services;Dec2002, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p16
Presents a list of names of candidates who have achieved, as of November 2001, qualifications in the business logistics- and transportation- related professions.
- The ASP's Bite can be Fatal. Tyler, Geoff // Management Services;May2001, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p22
Reports that one of the requirements for the granting of a Standard O License is that the license holder holds, or has access to the services of someone who holds, a Certificate of Professional Competence which is being granted by the Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- See intruders clearly. // Management Services;May2001, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p26
Provides information on the exemptions from the Certificate of Professional Competence qualification, which is being given by the Institute of Logistics and Transport, in certain defined cases approved by the national transport department.
- Protect PCs with style. // Management Services;May2001, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p26
Provides information on the criteria used to determine if a logistics or transportation professional is exempted from earning the Certificate of Professional Competence, which is being granted by the Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- Transitions in the World of Transportation: A Systems View. Sussman, Joseph M. // Transportation Quarterly;Winter2002, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p21
In 1995, I wrote "Educating the 'New Transportation Professional,'" which described a T-shaped professional, with breadth represented by capabilities in technology, systems, and institutions, and some in-depth specialization in one of those areas. The horizontal bar reflects deep professional...
- Glossary of Terms used in Management Services (BS3138-1992). // Management Services;Jan2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p43
This article presents a list of names of candidates who have achieved, as of 2001, qualifications in the business logistics- and transportation- related professions. Some of the people who have achieved qualifications were M. Bailey, K.P.M. Baines, C. Bassindale, U.F. Chirau, P.W. Cousens, E....
- PhotoSuite for Palm Powered Handhelds. // Management Services;Mar2001, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p33
This article reports that the Transport Planning Special Interest Group (TPSIG) Committee, as of 2001, believes that there is more scope for the discussion and debate of transportation planning matters in the pages of the periodical "Logistics and Transport Focus." The committee is keen to see a...
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT: A PROFESSION? Dutton, Richard E. // Advanced Management Journal;Spring65, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p59
Focuses on the movement toward the professionalization of management. Ideal attributes of a professional; Definition of profession; Views of executives regarding management as a profession.
- What would you advise if your neighbor's son or daughter asked you...What is the best way to reach top management? // Management Review;Nov80, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p32
Presents views on the best way to reach the highest level of management in organizational hierarchy. Need for service oriented and creativity skills to become successful managers; Development of character in professional success.