Stress is a leading cause of long-term absence says new CIPD report
- Periodic scrap tire analysis helps fleets better control failures. Birkland, Carol // Fleet Equipment;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p22
An excerpt from the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) Recommended Maintenance Practices Manual is presented.
- Managing Demand Across the Millennium. Beavis, David; MacDonald, Alex // Logistics & Transport Focus;Nov99, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p28
Announces that the Institute of Logistics and Transport has submitted evidence to the House of Commons Transport Sub-Committee of Great Britain in relation to its inquiry into the delivery of the Ten-Year Transportation Policy Plan.
- Transport in the New Millennium. English, Andrew // Logistics & Transport Focus;Nov99, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p32
Announces that the government of Great Britain has asked for responses to its consultation paper on the European Union White Paper on Transport.
- MoU signed to strengthen sustainable transport initiatives. // Technology Times;2/8/2016, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p1
The article focuses on the memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) in Pakistan and Component Implementation Unit-Trucking of Pakistan Sustainable Transport project to develop sustainable transport initiatives.
- Managing air quality and transport: Recent experience in... Louth, Barry // Greener Management International;Winter97, Issue 20, p97
Provides information on the evolution of transport planning due to the impact of traffic growth on global and local environment using Cambridge, England as an example. Discussion on emissions from transportation vehicles and their impact on air quality; Factors which influences the transport...
- Jim Neilson retires. // Management Services;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p29
This article focuses on the progress made on the initiative of the local government of Wales on public transportation and integrated information. ales was chosen as a pilot area for this new system. The country has a picture of urban and rural settlement and the added complication of two...
- Cambridge Rapid Transit System. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Apr2000, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p11
This article reports that the Cambridge Rapid Transit System (CRTS) is being promoted, as of 2000, by a wide range of organizations as a major public transportation initiative for Cambridge that addresses existing transport problems and provides a sustainable framework within which to consider...
- 'Joining up the Journey'. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Mar2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p57
The regular traffic on the Danube, one of Europe's main inland shipping routes, was halted after warplanes of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization destroyed three bridges across the river at Nevi Sad in Serbia during the Kosovo crisis. The action disrupted water transportation and caused...
- Future Skills Requirements in Road Passenger Transport. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p73
The practice of government intervention in transportation services in Great Britain were discussed and this article offers explanations of the possible effects. It might be said that the great misperception inherited from the 19th century has been set aside, other than for railways. It has been...