- Managing customers. // Management Services;Dec2002, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p30
Reports that the response of the Strategic Rail Working Party of the Institute of Logistics and Transport to the Railway Health and Safety Regulatory Strategy draft consultation of the Health and Safety Executive of Great Britain, was submitted at the beginning of September 2001.
- Capacity CONCERNS drive Chinese Railways to the open market. Ullah, Jamshaid // Railway Gazette International;Oct2004, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p703
This article reports on the policies introduced by Chinese Minister of Railways Liu Zhijun to bring Chinese railways up to date in light of the economic threat of lack of network capacity as of October 2004. Under its 10th five-year plan, the Chinese government has allocated an investment of 350...
- ORR to rule on Crossrail track access. // Rail Business Intelligence;3/20/2008, Issue 314, p3
The article reports on the condition of the Crossrail Track Access Option (TAO) in Great Britain. The country's Office of Rail Regulation (ORR) admonished the Network Rail and Department for Transport (DfT) to make a representation and cites that the deadline will be on March 17, 2008. The ORR...
- New Features In This Section of Focus. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p65
The response of the Institute of Logistics and Transport to the Strategic Agenda of the Strategic Rail Authority of Great Britain, which was published in July 2001, was discussed. The institute believes that the franchise replacement process has suffered from a lack of direction which has...
- SSRA Publishes Assessment. // Logistics & Transport Focus;May2000, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p6
This article reports that the Shadow Strategic Rail Authority (SSRA) has published its first assessment of the type and level of services the rail network should provide in Great Britain. The report focuses on establishing priorities for rail at national, regional and local level and followed...
- More cities choose URBAN rail. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2004, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p166
Deals with the plan to build urban rail networks in Iran as of March 2004. Cities across the country where network constructions are planned; Progress made by the Mashhad light metro network; Construction proposals for Karaj.
- Department of Transportation (Mn/DOT). // Minnesota State Register;3/9/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p1541
The article presents a notice from the Minnesota Department of Transportation State Aid for Local Transportation Division concerning the appointment of a new committee and the meeting. It mentions that the Commissioner of Transportation has selected a State Aid Variance Advisory Committee who...
- DfT outlines rail organisation. // Rail Business Intelligence;12/2/2004, Issue 235, p2
Reports on the establishment of the Rail Group by the Department for Transport in Great Britain in December 2004. Advantage of the group; Organizational structure; Duties and responsibilities of the group's executive officers.
- HOW TO CHANGE THE CBD ON THE CHEAP. // Metro (NZ);Apr2009, Issue 332, p48
The article presents several ways on how to put little costs on massive projects of a central business district (CBD) in Auckland, New Zealand. It notes that opening the wharves to the public on a vacant area around the Parnell railway station can be done. It also mentions that setting fees for...