Audits: The importance of independence
- The Weekly Wrap: Silveus, Beacon Roofing, PositiveID. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/31/2015, p1
Silveus adds Cargill's crop insurance business; Beacon Roofing picks up Statewide Wholesale; PositiveID buys ENG Mobile
- Web site Accreditation. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Dec99, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p56
Announces that the John Moores University in Liverpool, England, has awarded its first bachelor of science transportation degrees.
- 'Lean' Degree Launched. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p51
This article reports that the Lean Enterprise Research Center at the Cardiff University Business School has announced the launch of a new Masters level degree. It is a modular course for practicing operations managers, enabling them to gain a hands-on education at the center for lean thinking....
- The Logistics Conference. O'Keefe, Kevin // Logistics & Transport Focus;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p52
Reports that Kevin O'Keefe, who is studying for a second masteral of science degree in industrial logistics, was one of the six students who were awarded free places at the 1999 Logistics Conference of the Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- What are you really getting from a supply chain degree? // Logistics Today;Jun2006, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on the development of curriculum and degree programs on supply chain and logistics by several universities and colleges in the U.S. to address the increasing demands for some knowledge of logistics and supply chain. Ohio State University and the University of Akron are among...
- Institute's MSc in Logistics/Passenger Transport Management. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Mar2001, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p48
This article provides information on a three-year flagship master of science degree in logistics or passenger transport management which was launched jointly by the Institute of Logistics and Transport and the Aston University in 1988 to address key strategic issues in these two areas. The...
- Read All About Them! // Logistics & Transport Focus;May2001, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p16
A report on transport and logistics developments in Asia, as of 2001, is presented. The author first described the Tianjin port, which is one of the main ports serving Beijing and the north of China. The expressway link between Tianjin and Beijing is excellent. The author discovered that tolls...
- Commons Committee Blasts DETR. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep99, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p16
The progress made on the initiative of the local government of Wales on public transportation and integrated information is discussed. Wales was chosen as a pilot area for this new system. The country has a picture of urban and rural settlement and the added complication of two languages. If the...
- Institute Supports SMEs. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep99, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p17
A report on the transportation- and business logistics-related development in Asia is presented. It was found out by the author of this article that many countries place restrictions on the degree of foreign involvement in transportation companies. The domestic transport companies are run in...