Quality in the Knowledge Society
- HSE research into call centres. // Management Services;Jan2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p4
Reports that the Volvo Truck Corp. has announced a partnership deal with the International Road Safety Training, by supplying two trucks to be used for the company's European road safety training program.
- News from CWD Management Systems Ltd. // Management Services;Feb2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p34
Reports that following its launch last September 2001, the apprenticeship training scheme of the Kuehne and Nagel company, ha enjoyed a successful first year.
- Small work-group copier. // Management Services;Mar2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p33
Discusses how organizations from the transportation sector could become sector skills councils and be responsible for helping industry to meet skills needs for the economy of Great Britain.
- WAP a Virgin. // Management Services;Mar2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p33
Reports that copies of a report in the Skills Dialogue series of the Institute of Logistics and Transport are, as of August 2002, in the institute's library at Corby, England and in the London Reading Room.
- Teaming up for training. Perry, John // Roads & Bridges;Jan2002, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p18
Reports the development of training initiatives for the transportation industry by the state resources in the United States. Function of the Transportation Curriculum Coordination Council; Services offered by the Western Alliance for Quality Transportation Construction; Number of people...
- The Net Generation. Collins, Philipp // Management Services;Apr2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p17
Reports that the Institute of Logistics and Transport has signed an agreement with the Chinese Communications and Transport Agency, a Chinese government state-owned organization, to deliver qualifications offered by the institute in a number of regions across China.
- Running a Railroad. Marshall, Alex // Governing;Feb2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p62
The author offers tips on creating better train service in the U.S. According to him, companies should establish or enlarge groups that work across the city to improve train service. Lobby Congress should provide Amtrak with secure multi-year funding to provide the Federal Highway Department...
- And with a Honeypot. // Management Services;Jun2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p25
Reports that the Angel Trains company, has announced that the first of its fleet of 28 new Class 357/2 trains leased to the c2c company has been delivered ahead of schedule.
- Environment SIG. P.N. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Jun99, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p75
The Road Haulage and Distribution Training Council (RHDTC) has received a number of offers of help from employers within the road haulage and distribution industry in Great Britain. All want to become more involved with the work of the RHDTC in helping the industry to anticipate and plan for its...