New Institute of Leadership & Management
- Commons Committee Blasts DETR. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep99, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p16
The progress made on the initiative of the local government of Wales on public transportation and integrated information is discussed. Wales was chosen as a pilot area for this new system. The country has a picture of urban and rural settlement and the added complication of two languages. If the...
- A Practitioner's View From the Far East. Airdrie, Colin // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep2002, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p48
This article reports on the logistics- and transportation-related developments in China, as of September 2002. The author's first two years in China were spent running a group of three logistics companies for one of the long-established trading conglomerates. He saw the industry simultaneously...
- Read All About Them! // Logistics & Transport Focus;May2001, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p16
A report on transport and logistics developments in Asia, as of 2001, is presented. The author first described the Tianjin port, which is one of the main ports serving Beijing and the north of China. The expressway link between Tianjin and Beijing is excellent. The author discovered that tolls...
- Institute Supports SMEs. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep99, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p17
A report on the transportation- and business logistics-related development in Asia is presented. It was found out by the author of this article that many countries place restrictions on the degree of foreign involvement in transportation companies. The domestic transport companies are run in...
- Quick-fire cable. // Management Services;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p25
This article focuses on the problems encountered by local authorities in Wales, after they first published their first local Transport Plans in 2000. In particular, this article considers the process and content of the local transport plans and examines some of the innovatory measures and...
- Supply chain prep. Rigney, Theresa; Gannon Jr., William // Software Magazine;May98, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p61
Presents a roundtable discussion on supply-chain management by senior information system (IS) managers and directors from the service industry. Meaning of supply-chain management; IS environments for different services; Front-end integration as an issue; Involvement in system investment decisions.
- Is anyone using information systems? // Transportation & Distribution;Nov95, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on the results of the survey on information systems capabilities and use of third-party logistics providers. Need among customers for systems-supported services; Importance of pricing, fleet management, light assembly and distribution network modeling systems.
- Benchmarking to Improve Fleet Safety. Christine, Brian // Risk Management (00355593);Feb94, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p57
Reports that a free newsletter and 'action pack' about the forthcoming European Week for Safety and Health, which will begin on October 15, 2001, is now available from the Health and Safety Executive of Great Britain.
- Vauxhall Using Rail. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Mar2002, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p5
This article reports that the Vauxhall Motors company, in another environmental-related initiative, is returning to the railroads for the delivery of the Astras to Europe. The first shipment, destined for customers in Germany, is part of a long-term feasibility study which looks at ways the...