First Among Equals
- Safety Management Leadership Skills. // Management Services;Jun2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p4
This article reports that in the latest European research report titled CRM Benefits from the Peer-to-Peer Movement, analyst Kevin Lucas looks beyond the standard vision of Peer-to-Peer (P2P) associated with services such as the Napster. He examined the business benefits of adopting P2P...
- Constant change wearies managers. // Management Services;May2001, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p3
The author of this article suggests that there will be great opportunities for the purchasing professional within electronic commerce. The fact is that the universal benefits of online shopping are likely to be appreciated only when consumers have confidence in supply. It means that companies...
- Scott-Grant Training achievers worldwide success â€” again! // Management Services;Jun2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p4
This article reports on the contents of the latest report published by the AMR Research company titled 'European Application Market, 2000-2005. Analyst Beth Barling predicts a 24 percent compound annual growth rate for the European business-to-business software market from 2000 to 2005. Core ERP...
- Transport and Logistics Policy Committee. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Mar2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p57
The findings of a survey which studied the impacts of the Internet and other electronic channels on logistics and transportation were the main focus of this article. Only 11 percent of survey respondents said they were using an Internet marketplace to trade with other businesses. The study...
- Attacking Inefficiencies. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;9/18/2000, Vol. 263 Issue 12, p33
Focuses on online services trends in the transportation and logistics industries. Range of the services offered by Internet trucking ventures; Increase in the number of transportation cooperative web sites; Aim of leveraging the technology tools to add value to services.
- STANDARDS, TECHNOLOGY, AND THE SUPPLY CHAIN. Zuckerman, Amy // Transportation & Distribution;May2000, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p43
Offers a look at the trends affecting supply chain information flow in 2000. Overview of the work of the Internet Engineering Task Force that would affect shippers and others involved in long-range communication; Standards initiatives funded by the European Commission to promote electronic...
- Latin America's Growing Insurance Markets. Grapperhaus, Roberta // Risk Management (00355593);Oct98, Vol. 45 Issue 10, SPECIAL SUPPLEMENT p8
Reports that the U.S. government is to expand railroad passenger services with 468 million dollars in federal support funds including improvements necessary for high-speed railroad service on inter-city corridors nationwide.
- Health Plan Reforms. Rooney, John // Risk Management (00355593);Oct98, Vol. 45 Issue 10, SPECIAL SUPPLEMENT p13
Reports that the British International Freight Association is encouraging the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions to clarify the position as the French government has decided not to introduce the Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser legislation until 2001, leaving the rest of the...
- EDI BRINGING WORKERS' COMP UP TO SPEED. Limperis, John // Risk Management (00355593);Oct98, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p29
Reports that a research report published in 2000, the purchasing professionals of Great Britain performed poorly in comparisonwith their competitors in Europe.