- MANCHESTER ACHIEVES WLAN SPECIALIZATION FROM CISCO. // LAN Product News;Nov2001, p5
Reports on the achievement of the Wireless local area network specialization by Manchester Technologies, Inc. from Cisco Systems in the United States. Ability of Manchester company to design and support Cisco; Comments of vice-presidents from different technical services; Specialization of Cisco.
- POWER-OVER-ETHERNET CHIPS GIVE LANs A NEW OUTLET. Morrison, David G. // Electronic Design;10/13/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 22, p51
Introduces Power-over-Ethernet chips (PoE) which is of great help to designers of networking hardware and network peripherals. Key benefits of the chips; List of current generation of PoE power controller chips; Implications of the technology for network designers.
- Wiring, today's homes for tomorrow. Knisley, Joseph R. // CEE News;Jul2000, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p12
Presents updates on home local area networks in the United States. Projections for worldwide home-networking equipment and residential gateway market; Importance of interoperability within networks; Details on network technology solutions of television, computer and home automation industries.
- Briefs. // Network World;08/11/97, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p17
Reports on developments in the local area networks segment of the computer industry in the United States during the week of August 11, 1997. Compaq Computer Corp.'s introduction of two token-ring network interface cards; XLNT Designs Inc.'s unveiling of its Millennium 4000 switch; International...
- Switching lines grow up. Lawson, Stephen // InfoWorld;07/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p48
Announces the efforts of several computer vendors in the United States to update their local area network switch offerings with lower priced devices for connecting desktop computers to new high-speed networks. Lucent Technologies' release of its P550 Cajun Switch with Integrated routing; Bay...
- WIRELESS LAN SECURITY CRACKDOWN. Brooks, Jason // eWeek;5/6/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p45
Focuses on the increase in the sales of wireless local area networks. Increase due to cheap price of 802.11b computer network protocol; Emergence of computer hacking; Uses of 802.11b computer network protocol.
- Briefs. // Network World;11/03/97, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p21
Presents briefs concerning local computer networks in the United States, compiled as of November 3, 1997. Includes news on the $12.7 million awarded by a US District Court to Novell Inc. for its case against a large software counterfeiting ring in Southern California; Purchase of a Windows NT...
- Is it better to buy from a LAN specialist or a full-spectrum equipment provider? Stitt, Gordon; Gottlier, Andy // Network World;05/10/99, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p83
Presents a debate over the use of a local area network (LAN) specialist or a full-spectrum equipment provider. Advantages of a LAN-focused company over a full-spectrum network firm; Benefits offered by full-spectrum network firms stressed by 3Com vice president of large enterprise marketing...
- Briefs: Local networks. // Network World;09/15/97, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p15
Features various products for use in local area networks. Intel Corp.'s EtherExpress PRO/100 adapter that delivers a 30 percent performance improvement over other existing cards; Microsoft Corp.'s BackOffice Small Business Server.