Survival is not Compulsory: Creating a customer focused culture in financial service
- A Better Online Experienceâ€¦ or an Invasion of Privacy. SILVERHART, TODD A. // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;Spring2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p57
The author reflects on the security of online financial services. He says that Web offerings had been proven to be an effective way to boost income for a company due to technology that has enable the online activity of a potential client, which captures data like Web sites visited, articles read...
- Millennium scenarios for SA's money giants. Basson, Deon // Finance Week;01/14/2000, p34
Discusses scenarios for South Africa's financial sector in the new millennium. Impact of Nedcor Investment Bank's bid for Stanbic; Experience of the full impact of a constitutional State on large corporate transactions; Restructuring in the banking sector; Small takeovers.
- Banking Update. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;6/13/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p8
Presents an update on banks and banking in Texas as of June 13, 2005. Acquisition of Providian Financial Corp. by Washington Mutual; Features of the new facility opened by Wilshire State Bank in the state; Investment services offered by State National Bank in Tarrant County.
- UK bancassurance: new Life business on the wane after 2002 peak. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;January 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p117
Reports on the performance of the British bancassurance business during 1999-2003. Increase in bancassurance sales of single premium life products during the period; Worth of the market.
- Research Note: Implications of e-Commerce for Banking and Finance. Heng, Michael // U21Global Working Papers Series;Oct2006, Issue 6, p1
This paper looks at how banks and financial firms can interact with ecommerce. First, banks and financial firms can learn from e-commerce and use the technology and business practice of e-commerce to develop and market their products to the customers. They have been quite active in this...
- THE ROLE OF WEB SERVICES IN FINANCIAL ORGANISATIONS: RESULTS FROM A SURVEY. Karakostas, Bill; Kardaras, Dimitris // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Nov2003, p1167
The paper presents the results of a survey on the current and future role of web services technologies in banking and financial services organizations. The survey asked financial experts to express their views about the importance of web services for banks in the next five to ten years. In...
- The Future of Banking: How You Compete? Landry, Robert // U.S. Banker;Oct2006 Supplement, Vol. 116, p14
The article focuses on the trends of the financial services industry in the U.S. According to industry experts, banks have become more competitive while the pace of change has increased. Many factors have contributed to this trend, including regulatory changes that have lowered geographic and...
- Internet Banking Insurance. // Risk Management (00355593);Oct2001, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p10
The American Bankers Association-sponsored insurance program announced a product for financial institutions, called the Internet Banking Protection Package (IBPP). The IBPP, underwritten by Progressive, comprises an Internet banking liability policy and an enhanced version of an existing...
- Quick quick slow. Bruce, Robert // Accountancy;Feb2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1314, p67
The article focuses on the latest trend in the business world, e-business, which loses all its fizz as soon as it starts. But the importance of e-business has not gone away. It is stronger than ever. It is much more comforting to dismiss it as a load of old froth which has now been blown away as...