"Wise words" from motivational business guru as new 'Little' books are launched
- HUMAN MOTIVATION IN MANAGEMENT THEORY. Oh, Tai K. // Industrial Management;Oct72, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p1
Discusses the history and trends involved in human motivation in management theory. Definition of motivation; Description of scientific management and the classical administrative theory; Emergence of the human relations school between 1940 and 1950; Limitations of the classical theories and...
- How to get away with it. Stauffer, David // Across the Board;Jan1999, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p11
Describes motivational transillumination (MT). Concept of MT; How to identify the companies named as `Masters of MT-ness'; Confusion in the MT Concept and all its permutations; Companies that have adopted MT practices and are most likely to become rising stars.
- Not hitting your goals? Maybe the problem isn't what you think. // Sales Insider;5/7/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 38, p2
The article gives advice on how to make achievable sales goals. The author implies that failure to achieve a sales goal could errode a seller's self confidence and motivation. He states that sellers should focus more on the ways to achieve a goal rather than focusing on the end result of a goal....
- A Review of the Content Theories of Motivation as They Apply to Sales and Sales Management. Berl, Robert L.; Williamson, Nicholas C. // American Business Review;Jan1987, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p53
Discusses content theories of motivation applied to sales and sales management. Importance of sales function to a firm's marketing endeavors; Difference between process theory and content theory of motivation; Association between differential satisfaction of various needs and job performance;...
- SELL!NGï¿½ TIPS. // Sell!ng;Sep2002, p16
Provides tips related to sales and business management.
- SALES DECISIONS. MILLER, WILLIAM "SKIP" // More ProActive Sales Management: Avoid the Mistakes Even Great S;2009, p89
The article focuses on the functions of the sales management as discussed in chapters 11 to 15 of the book.
- Get organized with a sales-management plan. GRAY, ANDI // Westchester County Business Journal;8/1/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 31, p19
The article provides an answer to a question on how to organize business.
- Face time. Hunter, Victor L. // Marketing Tools;Mar98, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p24
Offers advice on how to develop a balanced and integrated sales contact program. Decline in the effectiveness of face-to-face contact sales calls; Development of an expense-to-revenue ratio; Use of mass media; Steps in building a contact matrix.
- Improve Your Profitability. Kramer, Karen L. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
Discusses how manufacturers and distributors an increase sales performance and improve profitability. Importance of having a well-defined sales and marketing strategy; Need to determine the level of formality in manufacturer/distributor working relationships.