- Fit for the Future. // Management Services;Mar2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p14
Reports that the European Special Interest Group of the Institute of Logistics and Transport has hosted, in 2002, a breakfast seminar on environmental practices from a European perspective and how Swedish companies approached the challenges.
- Read All About Them! // Logistics & Transport Focus;May2001, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p16
A report on transport and logistics developments in Asia, as of 2001, is presented. The author first described the Tianjin port, which is one of the main ports serving Beijing and the north of China. The expressway link between Tianjin and Beijing is excellent. The author discovered that tolls...
- A Practitioner's View From the Far East. Airdrie, Colin // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep2002, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p48
This article reports on the logistics- and transportation-related developments in China, as of September 2002. The author's first two years in China were spent running a group of three logistics companies for one of the long-established trading conglomerates. He saw the industry simultaneously...
- Commons Committee Blasts DETR. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep99, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p16
The progress made on the initiative of the local government of Wales on public transportation and integrated information is discussed. Wales was chosen as a pilot area for this new system. The country has a picture of urban and rural settlement and the added complication of two languages. If the...
- Institute Supports SMEs. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep99, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p17
A report on the transportation- and business logistics-related development in Asia is presented. It was found out by the author of this article that many countries place restrictions on the degree of foreign involvement in transportation companies. The domestic transport companies are run in...
- Foundation in Logistics. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Mar2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p64
The seminar, held in 2000 in London, England, for the members of the Freight Transport Special Interest Group of the Institute of Logistics and Transport which was sponsored by the Strategic Rail Authority (SRA) of Great Britain is the main focus of this article. Delegates were informed that two...
- Confusion Over CPC Exemption. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Nov99, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p44
Announces that the next Transport Statistics Users' Group seminar will take place on March 1999 at the Glamorgan Business Center in Pontypridd, Wales and will focus on the four themes of information, interchange, investment and integration.
- LOGISTICS SEMINARS AND COURSES. // Traffic World;3/1/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 9, p35
Provides information on schedules of seminars and courses that are of importance to professionals in the logistics and transportation industry in the U.S., gathered as of March 2004.
- Quick-fire cable. // Management Services;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p25
This article focuses on the problems encountered by local authorities in Wales, after they first published their first local Transport Plans in 2000. In particular, this article considers the process and content of the local transport plans and examines some of the innovatory measures and...