- Toward a More Balanced Curriculum: Multioriented Curriculum Structure in Israeli Primary... Sabar, Naama; Silberstein, Moshe // Journal of Curriculum & Supervision;Fall98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p43
Examines the curricular structures of three schools in Israel as they move towards a multi-oriented curricular structure. Four curricular components characterized by a different profile of curricular features; Conditions that enable the schools to operate the multi-oriented curricular structure.
- direct from WASHINGTON. Lewis, Anne C. // Tech Directions;Oct2002, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the differences in the program offerings of rural and nonrural schools. Reflection of labor market differences; Incidence of a higher proportion of vocational urban schools; Similarity of rural and nonrural schools in offering programs in the building trades.
- Reclaiming a Voice: American Curriculum Scholars And the Politics of What Is Taught in Schools. McNeil, Linda M. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar90, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p517
Discusses the school curriculum debate in the U.S. Power of testing and standardized models of accountability to determine curriculum; Types of reforms advocated by reform reports; Impact of the pressure for cultural literacy on curriculum determination; Influence of school restructuring...
- More Voices in Babel? Educational Research and the Politics of Curriculum. Cohen, David // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar90, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p518
Analyzes the school curriculum system in the U.S. Politics of decision making about curriculum; Content of the curriculum; Impact of the creation of a Catholic school system on the curriculum; Efforts to depoliticize schooling; Establishment of curriculum reform; Role of academic researchers in...
- Who Decides What Schools Teach? Eisner, Elliot W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar90, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p523
Discusses the school curriculum system in the U.S. Role of curriculum scholars in addressing the content of school programs; Influence of school structure on the content of curriculum; Factors influencing the stability and change in schools; Content areas of the curriculum that are emphasized...
- Is There a Curriculum Voice to Reclaim? Apple, Michael W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar90, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p526
Focuses on the school curriculum system in the U.S. Political nature of education; Impact of the social issues prevailing the education system on the curriculum; Changes in the curriculum system; Resurgence of the discipline-centered curriculum; Curriculum development efforts of the government...
- Monitoring the Curriculum: From Plan to Action. Maglaras, Tom; Lynch, Deborah // Educational Leadership;Oct88, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p58
Reports on the approach developed by school administrators in Aurora, Colorado to monitor the implementation of the curriculum. Process of the curriculum development; Implementation of the process; Outcome of the process.
- BCISD to ...... tension over curriculum. Young, Brenda // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/17/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 46, p1A
The article reports on the effort of teachers and school administrators in Burnet schools in Texas to adopt the CSCOPE curriculum support system.
- SOSE Course Advice to support CSF II. Andrews, John // Ethos Annual;1999, Vol. 7 Issue 1999, p36
Reports on the review conducted on the studies of society and the environment (SOSE) Course Advice to support CSF II teaching material. Features of the revised curriculum; Purpose of the education strategy for the Centenary of Federation in 2001.