What's in-store for credit?
- Credit cards a legitimate payment system. Sibillin, Anthony // BRW;10/30/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p24
The article focuses on the growing credit card spending. MWE Consulting principal Michael Ebstein states that consumers now see credit cards as a legitimate payment system and have grown to be more disciplined with the proportion of credit card balances declining from 73.1% in March 2008, to...
- A Device That Can Change Your Solo Practice. Leffler, David // GPSolo;Dec2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p58
The article presents information about a new device Square Card Reader which allows to accept credit card payments with the help of devices like iPhones and iPads.
- BrandSource offers new private label credit card. // Furniture/Today;4/21/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p58
The article reports on the private label credit card offered by Brand Source in the U.S. to help its members drive foot traffic into their stores and help customers purchase what they need with easier payment terms.
- FRAUD WATCH. // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p19
The article offers information on problems encountered in purchases through procurement cards (p-cards) such as duplicate payments, unusual spending trends, and split transactions.
- Payment methods: chequeing in. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;May 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p19
Presents data on the 2003 proportion of total household spending by payment method in France, Germany, Italy, Great Britain and the United States. Pay now cards; Deferred debt/charge cards; Direct debits; Credit cards; Credit transfers.
- The Smart Money's on Prepaid Debit Cards. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;3/2/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 49, p11
The article reports on the benefit of credit cards in helping Americans to avoid overspending, pay bills over the phone and stick to their budgets.
- Competition, customer demand pushing retailers to cards. Kutler, Jeffrey // American Banker;9/28/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 186, p15
Reports on the Payment Systems Inc. survey on retailers' increasing acceptance of credit cards due to competition and customer demands. Survey showing credit card acceptance as widespread in non-food merchandising; Concern over costs and lingering inefficiencies in the processing of...
- Visa: Local card issuers, merchants ready for EMV. CARMONA, JOSÉ L. // Caribbean Business;9/24/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 37, p11
The article offers information on the growing popularity and adoption of chip-embedded credit and debit cards (EMV) among Puerto Ricans and mentions that benefits EMV card offered to users such as the use of smartphone to pay goods.
- Contactless Limit Increased. // Micro Mart;9/10/2015, Issue 1379, p37
The article discusses an announcement by the UK Cards Association about an increase in the spending limit on contactless card payments in Great Britain.