Some cheer over Xmas and New Year
- M&S takes a slight dip as retailers get a lift. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;7/25/2003, Issue 5348, p7
Reports on the business performance of the furniture industry in Great Britain. Decline in the profits of Marks & Spencer; Percentage decline in the homeware sales of Selfridges Ltd.; Strength of the trading condition of Argos.
- Argos - 'No. 1 retailer'. // Cabinet Maker;12/12/2008, Issue 5618, p9
The article reports on the latest list of the top electronic furniture retailers in Great Britain. The Hitwise Hot Shops list, released by the Innovative Manufacturing Research Centre (IMRG), show that 19 retailers have risen in the index since the last survey. Argos came in as the highest...
- An air of general optimism for retailers. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;1/23/2004, Issue 5372, p8
Focuses on the financial performance of furniture industry in Great Britain. Corporate profit of companies; Optimism of furniture retailers; Decline of Marks & Spencer PLC sales.
- Homewares prove their value at M&S. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2006, Issue 5513, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Marks & Spencer PLC involving the increase of turnover for furniture and homewares. In 2006 and 2007, the company's interim results for turnover of home products grew by 23.3% in the first quarter to June 30 and 17.7% in the second quarter to...
- Double figure gains in furniture sector. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;01/19/2001, Issue 5221, p6
Reports on the gains posted by the furniture industry in Great Britain. Gains by Marks & Spencer PLC on a buying spree by investment fund in the United States; Oversupply in shares prior to a trading update.
- Furniture defies M&S sales trend. // Cabinet Maker;01/21/2000, Issue 5171, p5
Reports on an increase in furniture and furnishings sales at Marks & Spencer over the 1999 Christmas period.
- M&S turns up the volume. // Cabinet Maker;11/8/2002, Issue 5312, p2
Reports on an increase in the sale of homewares by Marks and Spencer in the six months ended September 26, 2002.
- Big boys to aid flood hit firms. // Cabinet Maker;8/10/2007, Issue 5550, p8
The article reports that furniture retailers hit by floods will receive aid from its rival traders in Great Britain. Established firms such as Marks & Spencer, Asda and Tesco are among the biggest names prepared to help the small companies affected by the floods in Gloucester and Cheltenham. The...
- M&S gets so Moroso. // Cabinet Maker;6/11/2004, Issue 5392, p27
Reports on the failure of Marks & Spencer Group PLC to promote its new furniture offers inn Great Britain. Failure of the company to supply the furniture requirement of Vitorrio Radice; Decision of Raddice to get furniture from Italian manufacturer, Moroso; Defense of M&S regarding the reason...