Bymacks production to go overseas
- Don't get the point? Let me repeat SALE! Eperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p54
Presents author's humorous comments on the business strategy of furniture industries in the U.S. to dispose off their products in the face of economic slowdown. Literary expression of the author to use the much hyped word 'Sale!' showing his lassitude over the old business policy of furniture...
- Winners win; they don't whine. // Furniture/Today;5/19/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p2
The author reflects on the tendency of some companies in the furniture industry to complain when there are confronted by situations that requires them to change its approach, According to the author, as a mature industry, they tend to very set in its ways, but there is also a very childlike...
- It's all in the planning. // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2011, Issue 5730, p16
The article provides critical inputs concerning proper planning and execution to improve sales in the furniture industry in Great Britain. It recommends the use of a customer database which is one of the most effective marketing tools. It also recommends to have one's pricing strategy sorted out...
- Furniture is crucial to Homebase plans. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p5
The article reports on the future plans of Homebase Inc., a furniture company which provides home improvement, furnishing, and gardening products in Great Britain. The company wants to become the number one home enhancement retailer. Homebase has tested initiatives with the Furniture Re-use Network.
- Dawkins to revamp Debenhams ranges. // Cabinet Maker;3/18/2005, Issue 5430, p4
Reports on the plan of Debenhams PLC to increase its furniture offering in Great Britain. Purchase by Debenhams of the former Allders branch stores; Statement of company project manager David Dawkins regarding the plan; Emphasis of Dawkins that any increase in furniture floorspace will come at...
- Thinking and acting positive. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2005, Issue 5464, p9
Narrates the author's views on the efforts of furniture retailers to look ways to change their marketing approach despite negative feedbacks from analysts in Great Britain. Innovative ideas adopted by retailers; Steps taken by retailers to move away from the competitive mid-market; Accolade to...
- Conran appears Contented. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p6
Reports the plan of Christie-Tyler to expand its collection of Content by Conran furniture in Europe. Plan to double its collection; Marketing strategy; Addition of furniture to its Balance Shelving group.
- Edwards aims to expand Mirador. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;8/25/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p4
Reports on the plans of importer InMark USA to expand direct sales division Mirador in the U.S. Appointment of Bryan Edwards as vice president of the division; Details on the sales promotion strategies of the company; Operations plans for Mirador.
- Leda enters new categories, takes on new name. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;1/26/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p84
Reports on the business plans of Leda Desk, a supplier of metal and glass desk systems in Santa Fe Springs, California. Expansion into entertainment furniture and office chairs production; Improvement of marketing strategy; Increase focus on price points.