Innovation shines through for upholstery winners
- Yarwood fills out its leather role. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p25
The article reports on Yarwood Leather's opening of Yarwood Cutting and Sowing (YCS) as part of the expansion of its operations in its South Wales factory. The YCS will offer a manufacturing service. Yarwood is planning to use its upholstery manufacturing experience to develop models for...
- West Coast upholstery producers take two directions. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;7/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p26
Reports on the strategies of upholstered furniture retailers in the United States Pacific Coast to maintain their operations. Continued manufacture of plush upholstery pieces for customers; Production of furniture with more refined looks; Strong demand for red-colored upholstered furniture.
- Leather staying alive in tough climate. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;7/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p28
Reports on the survival of leather upholstery manufacturers in the United States, despite the slowdown of retail sales. Advantage of the strong relationship with retailers and suppliers; Development of a strategy to distinguish from the imported products; Benefit of the offer of variety.
- Signs of the times. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;03/24/2000, Issue 5180, p12
Reports on the improving sales of upholstered furniture in Great Britain. Reflection of changes in customer needs; Modernity of the shapes and sizes of niche pieces; Evaluation of the product ranges and floor displays of furniture manufacturers.
- exclusive first look: stationary upholstery. // Furniture/Today;10/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p94
Introduces several furniture with stationary upholstery in the United States. Details on the upholstery used; Photographs of furniture; Features and manufacturer of the furniture.
- exclusive first look: leather upholstery. // Furniture/Today;10/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p104
Introduces several furniture with leather upholstery in the United States. Details on the architectural structure; Retail price of the furniture; Presentation of photographs.
- exclusive first look: motion upholstery. // Furniture/Today;10/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p116
Introduces several furniture with motion upholstery in the United States. Features of the furniture; Photographs of furniture; Details on the design and construction.
- Upholstery directions. // Furniture/Today;4/14/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p14
Discusses trends in upholstered furniture. Importance of color; Textile options; Casual trend.
- Broad range of designs, styles mark upholstery. O'Mara, Sheila Long // Furniture/Today;10/16/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p170
Reports on upholstery introductions for sofas priced at $699 and below. Inclusion of style categories such as traditional, transitional and contemporary; Use of better fabrics and exposed wood frames; Combination of off-the-floor and skirted designs; Introduction of occasional tables that match...