Making the most of design
- An upbeat market, and no worries about imports. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;6/26/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p67
The article highlights the events during the NeoCon office furniture show in Chicago, Illinois held in May 2006. Manufacturers brought different merchandise, with discussions on trends prevailing the furniture industry. Unfortunately, issues on competition was not discussed at the show citing...
- RTA furniture: A constant evolution. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;2/21/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p12
The article focuses on the ready-to-assemble (RTA) importers and manufacturers who have moved into a year-round cycle of product development and trade shows. Because of the small number of extremely large retailers who sell the bulk of their products, RTA suppliers long ago adapted to a...
- It's Showtime. Smith, Vic // Cabinet Maker;9/23/2011, Issue 5756, p15
In this article, the author discusses aspects of trade shows and show vans related to the furniture industry. He is critical if manufacturers are getting the concept of shows and show vans right. He mentions that shows and show vans aim to launch the beginning of an offer and ongoing range not...
- 2005 Calgary market set Aug. 27-29. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the schedule of the 2005 edition of Market Showplace at the Round-Up Center in Calgary, Alberta. Consideration of the Furniture West board to move the event to an earlier date; Confidence of manufacturers that they can get product onto retail floors in time for presentation to the...
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;1/19/2007, Issue 5521, p8
The article presents perspectives from several furniture store owners in Great Britain concerning the number of business they expect to make at "The Interior Event." Gulfden Azam, co-owner of Bolton Carpet and Furniture Store, stated that the number of business depend on the offer and what they...
- Upcoming Guangzhou show to be largest yet. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p17
Reports on the 10th edition of China International Furniture Fair. Location of the Chinese Export Commodities Fairground; Category on bedroom, living room and dining room displays; Expectation on the number of trade buyers.
- Stakes high for upcoming Asian shows. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;2/21/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1
The article focuses on the trade shows to be held in Southeast Asia to scout the region's latest offerings and thousands of furniture buyers from around the world are expected to visit the shows. The stakes are high for furniture makers in Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand as they...
- The grain in Spain. Pacey, Emily // Design Week;2/10/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p28
A preview of an exhibition of traditional Spanish furniture to be held in London, England on March 3-29, 2011 is presented.
- Industry calendar. // Kids Today;Sep2005, p92
Presents the schedule of trade shows of the furnishing industry and trade in the U.S.