- MIGRATING GENDERS: Westernisation, Migration, and Samoan Fa'afafine. Anthropology and Cultural History in Asia and the Indo-Pacific. WURTZBURG, SUSAN J. // Pacific Affairs;Sep2011, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p620
A review of the book "Migrating Genders: Westernisation, Migration, and Samoan Fa'afafine," by Johanna Schmidt is presented, which is part of the Anthropology and Cultural History in Asia and the Indo-Pacific series.
- THE LAST PAGE. Hazzi, Charles G. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1980, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p196
Presents a quiz on gastroenterology and gastrointestinal diseases.
- Trends in breast cancer incidence in Hong Kong between 1973 and 1999: an age-period-cohort analysis. Leung, G.M.; Thach, T.Q.; Lam, T.-H.; Hedley, A.J.; Foo, W. // British Journal of Cancer;10/21/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p982
Hong Kong has the highest breast cancer incidence in Asia and studying secular changes in its rates may lead to hypotheses regarding disease aetiology and also predictions of future trends for China. We examined statistics from the Hong Kong Cancer Registry based on 26 566 cases of invasive...
- By the way... // Daily Mail;11/11/2014, p34
FRIDAY is World Diabetes Day, so it's time to raise awareness of this 21st-century curse. This is a disease that is predicted to affect a staggering 592 million people worldwide by 2035. A disease that is on the rise in Ireland due to an obese and ageing population, and in countries around the...
- Natural history varies with type of food. Ameratunga, Rohan; Fitzharris, Penny // New Zealand Doctor;7/27/2005, p16
Discusses the genetic elements of immunoglobulin E (IgE) mediated food allergy. Factors contributing to the increase in the prevalence of allergic disease in general, including food allergy, in Westernised nations; Information on Coeliac disease; Most common food allergies in early childhood.
- Atlas of Gastrointestinal Motility in Health and Disease. Quigley, Eamonn M. M.; Schuster, M. M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1995, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p525
Reviews the book "Atlas of Gastrointestinal Motility in Health and Disease."
- Guidance for Authors on the Preparation and Submission of Manuscripts to the Journal of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases. // Journal of Gastrointestinal & Liver Diseases;Mar2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p114
A call for papers on gastrointestinal and liver diseases is presented.
- Role of biological therapy for inflammatory bowel disease in developing countries. Rogler, Gerhard; Bernstein, Charles N.; Sood, Ajit; Goh, Khean Lee; Yamamoto-Furusho, Jesús K.; Abbas, Zaigham; Fried, Michael // Gut;May2012, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p706
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) has become a global disease. Its incidence in developing countries is rising. In Asia, this has been attributed to the rapid modernisation and westernisation of the population. As IBD emerges in developing nations, there is a need to reconcile the most...
- Clinical gastroenterology. Forgacs, Ian // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/14/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6972, p113
Discusses the key aspects of progress in gastrointestinal disease. Helicobacter pylori; Inflammatory bowel disease; Gastrointestinal cancer.
- General medicine and surgery for dental practitioners Part 3: Gastrointestinal system. Greenwood, M; Meechan, J G // British Dental Journal;6/28/2003, Vol. 194 Issue 12, p659
Part III. Discusses diseases of the gastrointestinal system. Description of relevant points in the medical history of patients for detection of diseases; Details on drugs used in gastrointestinal disease; Effects of gastrointestinal disease on local anesthesia, sedation and management in...