- Paracetamol/codeine abuse. // Reactions Weekly;1/21/2012, Issue 1385, p35
The article describes the case of a 40-year-old woman with headaches who developed rectal ulceration and opioid addiction during self-administration of paracetamol/codeine rectal suppositories for pain relief.
- Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome Accompanied by Submucosal Invasive Carcinoma. Tsuchida, Kenji; Okayama, Naotsuka; Miyata, Mitsuki; Joh, Takashi; Yokoyama, Yoshifumi; Itoh, Makoto; Kobayashi, Kenji; Nakamura, Takaaki // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1998, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p2235
We report a case of carcinoma in solitary rectal ulcer syndrome. The diagnosis was made by colonoscopic appearance and biopsy. A tumor measuring 0.9 x 0.6 cm was found in a resected solitary rectal ulcer. The lesion exhibited typical histological features of solitary rectal ulcer syndrome, with...
- SOLITARY RECTAL ULCER: IS THERE A PRESYMPTOMATIC STAGE? Sankari, Mohamad; Pitchumoni, C. S.; Johnson, David A.; Cattau Jr., Edward L. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb1993, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p317
Comments on a research about the presymptomatic stage of solitary rectal ulcer by J. J. Tjandra and colleagues published in a 1992 issue of "Dis Colon Rectum." Role of rectal prolapse in the development of solitary rectal ulcer; Reason for the symptomatic condition of a patient of solitary...
- Kazan detainee could not have died of self-inflicted injuries - autopsy results. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;3/12/2012, p1
KAZAN. March 12 (Interfax) - Preliminary autopsy results have shown that the injuries which caused the death of Sergei Nazarov, who died in hospital after being brought where from Kazan's Dalny police station with a rectal injury, could not have been self-inflicted.
- Rectal carcinoid arising in ulcerative colitis associated with rectal adenocarcinoma. Aoki, Seishi; Watanabe, Masahiko; Hasegawa, Hirotoshi; Nishibori, Hideki; Mukai, Makio; Kitajima, Masaki // Journal of Gastroenterology;2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p697
Presents a letter to the editor related to rectal carcinoid arising in ulcerative colitis associated with rectal adenocarcinoma.
- Inflammatory Cloacogenic Polyp and Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome Resemble Rectal Adenocarcinoma. Rodríguez-Leal, Gustavo Arturo; Villota, Segundo Morán; Garcia, Pilar Milke; Rodríguez, Alfonso Vargas // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1995, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p1362
Presents a letter to the editor about inflammatory cloacogenic polyp and solitary rectal ulcer syndrome resemble rectal adenocarcinoma.
- ulcer. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p766
An encyclopedia entry for "ulcer" is presented. When surface tissues are destroyed, an open sore called ulcer appear on the skin or on a mucous membrane. Ulcers are usually inflamed and painful but an indolent ulcer is not painful. Types of ulcer include skin ulcers, digestive tract ulcers,...
- Hand-assisted laparoscopic suture rectopexy for complete rectal prolapse complicated by a solitary ulcer and obstructed defecation: a case report and review of the literature. Samalavicius, Narimantas Evaldas; Kildusis, Edvinas // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Introduction: Solitary rectal ulcer syndrome is a condition in which an ulcer occurs in the rectum. There is evidence that solitary rectal ulcer syndrome is associated with rectal prolapse either overt or occult and that stopping complete rectal prolapse may lead to rapid healing of the solitary...
- FEED BACK. // American Banker;5/14/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 74, p10
The article presents blog postings that comment on the May 10, 2012 articles "JPMorgan's Trading Loss 'Egregious, Self-Inflicted,' Dimon Says" and "B of A Chief Hears Catcalls, Wins Votes" that refer to Jamie Dimon, JPMorgan Chase's financial loss, and Brian Moynihan.
- Histopathological Variation in UC. Wisecarver, J. L.; Thompson, Jon S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1999, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p19
Provides an overview of the study "Ulcerative Colitis: Patterns of Involvement in Colo-Rectal Biopsies and Changes With Time," by C. G. Kleer and H. D. Appelman. Importance of mucosa biopsy; Occurrence of rectal sparing in ulcerative colitis.