18-Year-Old Woman With Headache and Sore Throat
- Infectious Mononucleosis: A Brief Review. Boe, Gerard P. // Journal of Continuing Education Topics & Issues;Jan2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p26
No abstract available.
- Letters. Arbyn, Marc; Van Oyen, Herman; Lynge, Elsebeth; Mickshe, Michael; Lampe, Fiona C; Walker, Mary; Shaper, A Gerald; Brindle, Peter M; Whincup, Peter H; Ebrahim, Shah; Heptonstall, John; McCormack, John; Finlay, Fiona; Jones, Rosemary; Thomas, Mark; Radford, Tamsin; Dasgupta, Indranil; Richardson, Ruth // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/18/2001, Vol. 323 Issue 7309, p396
Presents letters to the editor concerning medical issues. Concern for the implementation of European recommendations for cancer screening; Medically unexplained symptoms in secondary care; Examination of blood pressure devices in British hospitals; Others.
- Regulation of respiration in brain mitochondria and synaptosomes: restrictions of ADP diffusion inÂ situ, roles of tubulin, and mitochondrial creatine kinase. Claire Monge; Nathalie Beraud; Andrey Kuznetsov; Tatiana Rostovtseva; Dan Sackett; Uwe Schlattner; Marko Vendelin // Molecular & Cellular Biochemistry;Nov2008, Vol. 318 Issue 1/2, p147
AbstractÂ Â The role of ubiquitous mitochondrial creatine kinase (uMtCK) reaction in regulation of mitochondrial respiration was studied in purified preparations of rat brain synaptosomes and mitochondria. In permeabilized synaptosomes, apparent Km for exogenous ADP, Km (ADP), in regulation...
- asymptomatic. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p75
An encyclopedia entry for the term "asymptomatic" is presented. This medical term refers to the lack of symptoms for certain diseases. An example of an asymptomatic disease is hypertension wherein patients only discover that they suffer from the disease during a routine blood pressure test. It...
- Unmasking hidden hypertension. Lipman, Marvin M. // Consumer Reports on Health;Apr2013, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p11
The article presents an overview of masked hypertension, which is estimated to occur in 10% of patients and features blood pressure which increases to moderate or very high temperatures at several times over the course of each day. A discussion of the differences between masked hypertension,...
- Virus meningitis. // British Medical Journal;11/25/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6150, p1451
Explains the occurrence of viral meningitis in Great Britain. Description of the viral meningitis; Symptoms of meningitis; Agent of viral meningitis.
- Cannabis smoking and sildenafil citrate induced acute coronary syndrome in a patient with myocardial bridge. Kyung Been Lee; Bong Gun Song; Gu Hyun Kang; Yong Hwan Park // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Mar2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p180
The article describes the case of a 42-year-old man with myocardial bridge presented to the emergency department with chest pain and diagnosed with acute coronary syndrome (ACS) induced by cannabis smoking and sildenafil citrate. It suggests that coronary spasm in association with decreased...
- Collateral Damage: Depressive Symptoms in the Partners of COPD Patients. Papaioannou, Andriana; Tsikrika, Stamatoula; Bartziokas, Konstantinos; Karakontaki, Foteini; Kastanakis, Emmanouil; Diamantea, Filia; Haniotou, Aikaterini; Papiris, Spyros; Polychronopoulos, Vlassis; Loukides, Stelios; Kostikas, Konstantinos // Lung;Aug2014, Vol. 192 Issue 4, p519
Background: Depression is a frequent comorbidity in COPD patients and is associated with greater physical impairment, increased health-care utilization, and worse outcomes. The presence of depressive symptoms in the partners of COPD patients has not been evaluated. Methods: We evaluated the...
- Snake-Like Thrombus in the Right Heart Causing Massive Pulmonary Embolism and a Basic but Important Diagnostic Tool for Rapid Differential Diagnosis: Transthoracic Echocardiography. Küçükdurmaz, Zekeriya; Doğan, Yıldız; Kemal Avşar, Mustafa; Hayri Atlı, Fahri; Büyükaslan, Hasan // Journal of Academic Emergency Medicine / Akademik Acil Tip Olgu ;Jun2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p98
We present a case diagnosed as massive pulmonary embolism in whom a snake-like thrombus was found in the right heart by transthoracic echocardiography, which is a basic but important diagnostic tool for rapid differential diagnosis. It is non-invasive and relatively cheap and can eliminate the...