Lowering Fees, Hurting Trading
- INVESTMENT BANKING. // Work Bank;2005, p50
A description of the investment banking profession as a career pathway in Great Britain, from the work directory "Work Bank," is presented. Such professionals provide financial service to public and private institutions, corporations and individual clients. They are in charge with dealing with...
- A battle joined. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/22/99, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p14
Examines the state of the leveraged finance sector as commercial and investment banks compete for any edge in underwriting and merger-and-acquisition mandates. Urgency in the struggle between investment and commercial banks; Performance of the leveraged loan market in 1998; Factors driving...
- COUNTRY WINNERS. // Global Finance;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p28
Features the country winners of the 2004 Best Investment Banks conducted by "Global Finance." Role of Scotia Capital in the acquisition of John Hancock Financial Services by Manulife Financial in Canada; Dominance of Goldman Sachs in the U.S. market; Competition faced by BNP Paribas from U.S....
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/24/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 47, p49
The article presents news briefs on banking and finance in the Middle East as of December 2006. The Oman Investment Fund has bought a stake in the Dubai Mercantile Exchange. The Carlyle Group has opened an office in the Dubai International Financial Center. The European investment Bank's...
- FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/15/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p52
Presents statistics on investment activity in the financial services sector, as of January 11, 2001. Underwriting volume; Underwriting fees; Global merger-and-acquisition deals; Top new-issues managers; Equity deals; Debt deals.
- Public Side Players Face Challenges In Handling MNPI. // Bank Loan Report;4/18/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p1
Focuses on the challenges faced by public loan market players in dealing with issues related to the handling of material nonpublic information. Operation of institutional guys on the basis of public information; Transaction of loans with confidential information, while securities are syndicated...
- PSG big on small opportunities. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;4/26/2004, p20
Reports on the activities and financial performance of South African financial services firm PSG Bank. Impression that the company is scaling down following a series of transactions that have seen the group shed its interests in investment and mass banking.
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/2/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p27
Presents information on the stock market performance of investment brokerage firms and investment banks as of February 2, 2004. Stock indexes; Stifel Financial; First Albany; Morgan Stanley; Lehman Brothers; Goldman Sachs; Credit Suisse Group; Bank of America; Wells Fargo.
- Bankers enjoy a rich harvest. Washington, Stuart; Kavanagh, John // BRW;5/25/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p44
The article focuses on the decision of more and more companies to sign up with deal-hungry investment banks despite the risks involved with it in the financial services industry in Australia. A survey have shown that most companies have high levels of confidence among corporations operating in...