Vive l'Union! Sanofi/Aventis Likely
- Aventis dismisses merger ideas. // European Chemical News;1/20/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2036, p7
Reports on the plan of Aventis to consider a merger with Sanofi-SynthÃ©labo. Priority of the company; Factors to be considered for a merger to take place.
- In the News. // njbiz;2/2/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
Presents an update on business in the U.S. as of February 2004. Plans of governors to allocate lots for slot machines in Pennsylvania; Decision of Aventis to reject a takeover bid by Sanofi-Synthelabo; Hearings on a bill which would revive the office of the state environmental prosecutor.
- Aventis board rejects attempt at hostile takeover. // Inside Tucson Business;3/1/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the resistance of the pharmaceutical firm Aventis SA on the hostile takeover bid by Sanofi-Synthelabo SA in Strasbourg, France. Sales performance of Aventis; Total number of Aventis employees; Recommendation of Aventis to shareholders about the offer.
- Aventis files second appeal. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/12004, Vol. 80 Issue 2089, p7
Reports on the appeal filed by Aventis against the approval of the French stock market regulator AutoritÃ© des Marches Financiers (AMF) of the hostile takeover bid of Sanofi-SynthÃ©labo. Amount in cash and shares offered by Sanofi SynthÃ©labo.
- Merger of drug firms to create behemoth. // Drug Topics;5/17/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 10, p8
Reports that the Sanofi-Aventis would be the new name of the combined Aventis and Sanofi-Synthelabo merger.
- News Tip: Mergers Such As Sanofi-Aventis May Actually
Create Room for New Players in Pharmaceutical Market, Duke
Professor Says. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;4/27/2004, p103
Mergers like Monday's deal between pharmaceutical companies Sanofi-Synthelabo SA and Aventis SA may actually create room for the growth of smaller companies, a Duke University business professor says. Mergers have become a tool for survival among large pharmaceutical companies focused on the...
- Sanofi, Aventisto merge comms ops. Herskovits, Beth // Medical Marketing & Media;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the possible merger of communication departments of Sanofi-Synthelabo SA and Aventis SA. Responsibility of Nicole Cranois, member of management committee made up of PR executives of each pharmaceutical company; Refusal of Joelle Sissmann to discuss whether the merger would eliminate...
- Sanofi takeover jeopardizes Aventis biotech deals. Mitchell, Peter // Nature Biotechnology;Jun2004, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p639
On April 25, Sanofi-Synthelabo SA secured its takeover of rival pharmaceutical giant Aventis SA. The deal is expected to negatively affect many of the 200 or so R&D collaborations that Aventis has set up with biotech companies, given that Sanofi prefers in-house R&D to such collaborations....
- Another European Giant Emerges. S.H. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2004, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p28
Reports on developments in mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical industry. Sanofi-Synthelabo SA's acquisition of Aventis to form the entity, Sanofi-Aventis, which will become the world's third largest pharmaceutical company; Worth of the deal; Advantage and disadvantage of mergers;...