What to Do When Bullying Just Won't Stop
- Teetering on the Cusp of Maturity. Moskowitz, Faye // School Library Journal;Jan82, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p38
Discusses the period where children enter adolescence. Difference among children's actions during the period; Role of parents and teachers in guiding children's behavior.
- ME AND MY BABY, DANCING. Lara, Adair // Working Mother;Apr2001, p44
Recounts a mother's experience in dealing with her teenage daughter. Issues of contention between mother and daughter; Ways with which the daughter demonstrated her love for her mother; Development of the mother-daughter relationship throughout the teenage years.
- Be a Good Sport, Mom and Dad. // Daughters;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p13
Offers advice to parents on how to help and support their daughters' success in sports. Communication with their daughters' coach; Helping their daughters understand the need for hard work; Advice against making excuses of their daughters.
- Tackle your teen better. Chandra, Prabha // Prevention India;May2011, p19
The article presents author's comments on raising teenage children. The author states that teenage is the most challenging part of child's development for parents and during these years parents should behave in a friendly manner to their children without losing their confidence. Also, parent...
- The indirect link between perceived parenting and adolescent future orientation: A multiple-step model. Seginer, Rachel; Vermulst, Ad; Shoyer, Shirli // International Journal of Behavioral Development;Jul2004, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p365
The indirect links between perceived mothers' and fathers' autonomous-accepting parenting and future orientation were examined in a mediational model consisting of five steps: perceived mothers' and fathers' autonomous-accepting parenting, self-evaluation, and the motivational, cognitive...
- The Terrible Twos and Adolescence. Al-Jamie, Lorraine // Tokyo Journal;Spring2013, Vol. 32 Issue 271, p98
The article offers tips to parents on helping their children and teenage kids become responsible adults. Topics discussed include the importance of giving children and teenagers a chance to make their own decisions, the factors that should be considered when setting limits on children and tips...
- Thematic Issue on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Smith, Derryck H. // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Oct2015, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p415
An introduction to the journal is presented which discusses various papers published within the issue, including one on adolescent distress following a separation period from their fathers, one on the effects of bullying on adolescent victims, and another on the prevalence of attention-deficit...
- Surprising bedside reading. // Daughters;May/Jun2006, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p2
The article discusses on the essence of books on reinforcing ideas that parents want to convey with their daughters. Catherine Dee, author of The Girls' Guide to Life (Little, Brown, 2005), conceives that a book can pave the way for in-depth conversation by giving girls a little preliminary...
- Help Desk. KAMINSKI, MARGARET A. // Scholastic Choices;Jan2014, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p24
The article presents questions and answers related to teenage life which include the proper way for a teenager to convince his/her parents that he/she is responsible enough to take care of pets and the appropriate method for a daughter to tell her mother to spend alone with her.