- The right plastic for rotationally molded designs. // Machine Design;06/15/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p136
Focuses on plastics suited for rotational molding. Polyethylene; Nylon; Polypropelene.
- Rotomolders' secondary services. // Plastics News;8/5/96, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p17
Presents a breakdown of rotomolders' secondary services.
- Thinwall: A Cost Cutter. Weiss, Kurt // Appliance Manufacturer;Feb99, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p25
Provides information on thinwall technology, the molding of plastic parts from engineering thermoplastics with wall thickness thinner than conventional parts of similar geometry. Benefits of thinwall; Design for thinwall; Tools for thinwall.
- Rubber molding course planned. // Rubber World;Oct2002, Vol. 227 Issue 1, p52
Announces the offering of introductory course on rubber molding by the University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee on October 28-30, 2002. Provision of integrated perspective of rubber molding; Description of the flow behavior of thermoplastic and crosslinking of rubber materials; Discussion on the...
- Compression molding press. // Rubber World;Feb2002, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p75
Features the compression molding press for molding of composite materials from Wabash MPI. Design of the product; Specifications of the product; Usability of the product.
- Thermal processing considerations for injection molding of... German, Randall M.; Cornwall, Robert G. // Industrial Heating;Jun97, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p35
Describes the thermal processing considerations of powder injection molding (PIM) technology in metallic, ceramic and cemented components. Annual production levels of PIM; Applications of PIM; Process description and capabilities of technology; Its materials and furnace design considerations;...
- Pressing makes precision aspheres faster and cheaper. Fischer, Volkmar; Matsuura, Takashi // Laser Focus World;May95, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p167
Reports on advances in precision molding for optics manufacturing applications. Manufacture of press molds; Development of pressings; Measurement tools; Pressed-asphere applications.
- Gelcasting Ceramics: A Review. Tari, Giuliano // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Apr2003, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p43
Provides an overview of direct consolidation forming techniques, their comparison with traditional wet or paste-processing forming techniques and selection criteria in gelcasting ceramics. Advantages of colloidal fabrication methods for ceramics over dry-processing methods; Transformation of...
- Up Close and Personal. Fuges, Christina // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Nov2005, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p10
Introduces a series of articles on electrical-designed machining in the mold manufacturing industry.