Learning: Now More Than Ever
- Rees Leaves Innovation Office for Job in the Private Sector. Davis, Michelle R. // Education Week;1/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p29
The article states that the head of the U.S. Department of Education's office of innovation and improvement, Nina Shokraii Rees, left for a job in the private sector. Rees, a former aide to U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and a former education analyst at the Heritage Foundation, said she would...
- A piece of Michael Milken. Sherrid, Pamela // U.S. News & World Report;04/05/99, Vol. 126 Issue 13, p47
Examines the entrepreneurial activity of Michael Milken. Milken's power and abuse of the junk-bond market in the 1980s; Knowledge Universe, the company he founded with his brother, Lowell, and Larry Ellison; Milken's focus on for-profit education; Market for workplace training in technology;...
- Making book. Solomon, Jolie // Newsweek;5/4/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 18, p52
Reports on the proposed auction of the publishing company Simon & Schuster. Interest of Michael Milken of Knowledge Universe LLC in Simon & Schuster's educational books and curriculum software; Other companies expected to bid.
- THE MAN BEHIND KNOWLEDGE UNIVERSE. // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);6/25/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 4175, p3
The article features Knowledge Universe chairman Michael Milken. He is known in the U.S. for his philanthropic endeavours and for his conviction for securities fraud. He established the Milken Family Foundation in 1982 to fund medical research and education. He also became a bond trader for...
- Calif. Charter Leader Moving On. // Education Week;8/27/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p5
This article reports that Caprice Young, the president and chief executive officer of the California Charter Schools Association, is leaving that post to work at Knowledge Universe Inc. She will serve as the vice president for business development and alliances. The company offers educational...
- Training makes strange bedfellows. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Dec96, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p8
Reports on Education Technology founders Michael Milken and Lawrence J. Ellison's purchase of shares in the CRT Group, a provider of computer training near Liverpool, England. Milken and Ellison's increased interest in training; Remarks of Milken regarding the growth of the human capital industry.
- A Capitalist's Manifesto Part II. Milken, Michael // NACD Directorship;Oct/Nov2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p42
The article presents the assertion of Michael Milken of the Milken Institute that education, the democratization of human capital and financial innovation play importance roles in changing the global economy. Milken argues that the highest rate of return for government investments in education...
- `King' of junk bonds to speak here. Harman, Liz; Ash, Leonard D. // San Diego Business Journal;9/25/95, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p12
Announces that former Drexel Burnham Lambert executive Michael Milken will speak to a group of financial executives in San Diego, California on September 28, 1995. Topic for discussion; Milken's career history.
- Mike preaches responsibility. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;3/4/96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p6
Reports that Michael Milken will be the keynote speaker at `Financial World' magazine `Chief Executive Officer of the Year' banquet. Title of speech; Who will be honored.