Profiting from Year 2000
- Concern grows as year 2000 nears. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;1/26/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p3
Reports that pension executives in the United States are concerned that some of their global custodians and mutual funds or their suppliers might not be able to solve the year 2000 computer problem by the deadline. Other concerns of pension executives; Deadline for a fool-proof fix to the...
- They're ready for Y2K. Barreto, Susan // Pensions & Investments;7/26/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the confidence of money managers on their readiness for the Year 2000 date conversion in the United States. Expected problems in research offices.
- Dog days will bite. Sakelaris, Linda // Pensions & Investments;7/26/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the increased work for money managers and pension fund executives in the United States due to the Year 2000 date conversion problem. Expected glitches.
- Y2K liability battle begins. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;1/25/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the efforts of pension fund managers in the United States to anticipate potential year 2000 date conversion problems. Requirement being made by pension funds on recently hired fund managers; Efforts of fund managers to narrow liability to clients; Names of pension funds trying to...
- What investment managers have to fear is fear itself. Barreto, Susan // Pensions & Investments;8/9/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p32
Reports on the results of a survey about the attitudes of investment managers to year 2000 (Y2K) investment strategy, conducted by Merrill Lynch & Co. Percentage of money managers who expect computer failures to affect the world economy in the early years of 2000; United States companies'...
- Not Ready For Y2K? Well, Y Not? Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;Jan1999, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p23
Points out that the year 2000 computer date conversion problem will greatly affect investment advisers due to litigations. Views of Jonathan Gottlieb, former attorney with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission; Duties of investment advisers on the issue of year 2000 problem.
- Y2K preparations help many managers get ready for next quake. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;10/4/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p66
Focuses on San Francisco, California-based investment management firms' preparation for the Year 2000 computing crisis (Y2K) as of October 4, 1999. Y2K preparations' enhancement of companies' preparedness for earthquakes.
- Wall St.'S lonely Y2K bear. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;09/06/99, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on New York City-based economist Edward Yardeni's dire warnings about the year 2000 computing problem. Possible global recession; Decline in stock prices; Track record of prognostication; Weaknesses in the links in the supply chain.
- Prepare your portfolio for possible Y2K crisis. Chamberlin, George // San Diego Business Journal;01/11/99, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p41
Gives advice on making personal investments in the United States. Preparation of the stock portfolio for the year 2000 computing crisis; Tips on selecting a financial adviser.