The Multiple-Equity Fund Portfolio Investment Strategy, Part II
- Pick Funds, Not Stocks. Israelsen, Craig L. // On Wall Street;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p46
Offers a look on the status of equity mutual funds in the United States. How mutual funds are described; Benefits of mutual funds; Percentage mean return of equity mutual funds in 1999. INSET: Look at Those Fund Leftovers!.
- Daily prices as at 4 February 2002 and returns for the period ending 31 December 2001. // Finance Week;2/8/2002, p80
Presents a chart indicating the stock market performance of unit trusts in South Africa as of February 4, 2002. Regal Beta Active; RBK Active; Sanlam Consumer.
- Individuals outpace institutions in market investing. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;5/13/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on data from the Federal Reserves' Flow of Funds, which showed that equity assets which are owned by individual investors and mutual funds grew between 1990 and 1995. Factors which contributed to the growth; Growth of investment in equity mutual funds by individuals; Performance of...
- Similarities rife among top funds. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;5/3/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p21
Focuses on the similarities in best-performing equity mutual funds in the United States in the periods ended March 31, 1999. Large capitalization stocks; Technology sector; Active management.
- Few tech, aggressive growth funds excel in rough quarter. Kovaleski, Dave // Pensions & Investments;08/07/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the performance of United States funds in the second quarter of 2000. Winning technology and aggressive growth funds; Poor performance of Internet stocks.
- Eggs and Baskets. Henssler, Gene W. // Georgia Trend;Jun2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p14
Reports that the number of mutual funds surpassed the number of publicly traded stocks in the United States according to study findings. Appeal of mutual funds for investors; Key to solid portfolio in the funds' low-cost instant diversification.
- Mutual dismay; high-tech boom. Easton, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/29/95, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p24A
Assesses the stock market performance of Indiana's mutual fund industry for the week of May 29-June 4, 1995. Statistics from Lippers Analytical Services; Increase in trading volume; Advancing issues among technology stocks.
- Diversify and conquer. Badenhausen, Kurt // Financial World;3/11/96, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on the advantages of using mutual funds for investing in technology stocks in the United States. Increase in technology funds in 1995; High returns with less risk for technology fund managers; Volatility of technology funds.
- Value investment rules. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;1/1/2001, p89
Details the success of Sage Global Fund in South Africa. Expertise of Jeffrey Meyer, head of the company; Focus on international markets; Target on shares trading below book value.
- A matter of trust. Stones, John // Money Marketing;10/17/2002, p69
Provides historical information about mutual funds in Great Britain. Idea of 'fixed trusts' by stockbroker W.B. Burton-Baldry; Variation among the features of stocks; Emergence of professional investment managers.