Company Stock in a Qualified Retirement Plan: Take it or Leave it?
- When you take your `lumps' explore all the options. Patrick, James M. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/15/96, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p15
Presents options for employees wishing to receive a lump sum distribution from their retirement plans when they leave a company or retire. Direct rollover into an individual retirement accounts; 60-day rollover; Partial rollover; No rollover.
- Can IRA rollovers help manage change? Thompson, Mat // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/04/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p11
Discusses the use of individual retirement account (IRA) rollovers to manage lump-sum distributions. U.S. Internal Revenue Service's requirement that a 20 percent withholding tax be applied to all lump-sum distributions; Completion of rollovers within 60 days; Tax deferment.
- Distributing the Minimum. Smolen, Rebecca Rosenberger // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1999, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p81
Discusses the application of minimum distribution rules to individual retirement accounts and qualified retirement plans after the death of an account owner. Background of the minimum distribution rules; Rules related to multiple beneficiaries; Conditions before a beneficiary will be permitted...
- IRS's regulations simplify retirement distributions. Blau, Joel M. // Urology Times;Oct2002, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p48
Offers advice on retirement distributions for urologists in the U.S. based on the rules of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for 2002. Revisions made by the IRS for required individual retirement accounts; Differences in the various types of retirement plans.
- There are a lot of reasons to be thankful. // Graham Leader;11/21/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 28, p4A
The article reports that members of traditional IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans would likely to receive the required minimum distributions (RMDs) in Graham, Young County, Texas.
- Highlights of the Retirement News for Employers. // Employee Plans News;Sep2009, Vol. 9, p13
The article offers information on the summer 2009 edition of the "Retirement News for Employers" in the U.S. It features several issues including the differences between individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and distributions from retirement plans in the context of Code Section 72(t), guidelines...
- Retirement Savings and Lump Sum Distributions. Andrews, Emily S. // Benefits Quarterly;1991 Second Quarter, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p47
Preretirement lump sum distributions are becoming prevalent. These distributions are frequently not saved until retirement. This trend has prompted some policy maker to consider whether or not to restrict their use. The author presents an analysis of data from the Current Population Survey...
- IRA Rollovers. Pratt, David // NewsQuarterly;Spring2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on annual rollover of individual retirement accounts (IRAs) in the U.S. Topics cited include options of participants who received lump sum distribution upon termination of employment, the advantage of rollovers and its disadvantages. It mentions the suggestions presented by...
- The pension marathon. Farrow, Paul // Money Marketing;8/14/2008, p25
The article focuses on issues concerning the aspect of pension personal accounts in Great Britain. It relates that means-testing could cut entitlement of people to pension credit and they would be no better off than if they had no private pension. Outspoken pension campaigner Ros Altmann...