Looking for a Few Good Men and Women: Staffing Issues for Financial Planning Practices
- FEE AGENTS. Nelson, Scott Bernard // Entrepreneur;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p46
Provides tips in hiring a financial planner in the U.S. Role of financial advisors; Ways in compensating financial planners; Statement of Hector Barreto, director of Small Business Administration on the importance of financial planning.
- Hottest Channels. Stimpson, Jeff // Accounting Today;Fall2003 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p28
Focuses on distribution and referral channels for the financial planning business in the U.S. Major misconception about the business; Role of vendors of financial-services products; Significance of an efficient employee selection process to the business.
- NEWS WATCH. // Financial Planning;Jun2001, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on the effects on financial planners of the possible nomination of Harvey L. Pitt as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under the administration of United States President George W. Bush. Economic issues faced by Pitt under the position; Hope of financial planners...
- ON THE JOB. Liptow, Jennifer A. // Financial Planning;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p21
Reports on the appointment and selection of several executives in the U.S. financial planning industry as of February 2005. Stuart Rogers at AIG Advisor Group; John Kennedy at AXA Distributors; Cheryl Chiara at Financial Network Investment Corp.; Paul Wichman at Pershing.
- PNC Unit Sets Lofty Hiring Goal for Itself and Nat City. Garmhausen, Steve // American Banker;3/30/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 60, p7
This article reports that the banking company PNC Financial Services Group Inc. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania seeks to hire 350 advisers to contribute to its wealth management business. It is noted that the company acquired banking company National City Corp. of Cleveland, Ohio in December, 2008....
- Warning: Few planners are really `fee only.' Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;1/14/97, Vol. 89 Issue 34, p9
States that two thirds of financial planners or offices in the United States, claimed to offer fee-only services. Different services performed by financial consultants; Results of a survey by the Consumer Federation of America and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors; How...
- Record number of CFP licensees announced. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1994, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p74
Reports that there are 27,817 certified financial planners in the United States as of December 31, 1993 compared with 25,538 in 1992.
- Survey profiles financial planners, their clients. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/7/95, Vol. 99 Issue 32, p6
Presents the results of the 1995 CFP Survey of Trends in Financial Planning, conducted by the National Endowment For financial Education on expectations of financial planning professional of continued growth of their practice. Aging cohort of babyboomers as the strongest driver of practice...
- As the experts put it: There you go again, dimwit. Graulich, David // Business Press;8/4/95, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p27
Comments of financial experts who dispense non-stop advice about money. Personal financial advice as a hot growth industry in the United States; Fixation of the experts on retirement issues; Rise of financial experts having coincided with the decline of the fitness gurus.