Valuing the Dow
- Nagging concerns put chill on US Stock Market's rise. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;1/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 42, p8
Presents information on the United States Stock Market at the closing of January, 1997. Details on the Dow Jones industrial average; Comments from editor of the periodical, `The Outlook,' Arnold Kaufman; Similarities between concerns expressed by United States Federal Reserve chairman, Alan...
- Staying the Course. Evans, M. Stanton // Consumers' Research Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the Dow Jones stock market averages during the 1980s, 1990s and 2000. Percentage of United States households that own stocks; Trend in the stock market averages every five years.
- Market averages at crucial juncture. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/16/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 37, p1
Focuses on trends on the stock market in the United States as of September 2002. Divergence between Dow Industrials and Dow Transports; Dow Theory signal.
- Recovery concerns hammer market. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p30
The article focuses on the condition of the stock market in the U.S. highlighting the 2.2% drop of the Dow Jones industrial average.
- Prediction of stock market turning points. Roosma, Hubert // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p272
Investigates possible systematic relationships between the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) and several factors of stock market turning points. Price/Earnings ratio; Dividend yield; Federal Funds rate; Use of data from the publications `Technical Trends' and `Barrons' from February 1985 to...
- Fun for roller coaster riders. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;08/25/2000, p20
Discusses the fluctuation of the United States equity markets as of August 18, 2000. Dow Jones Industrial Average's recovery from the market crash; Renewed surge in the large majority of U.S. share prices; Fall-out effect from the frantic boom on Nasdaq; Implications for South African stock market.
- Dow Theory still bearish. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/14/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 20, p3
Focuses on the ramifications on trading under the Dow Theory. Decline in Dow Industrials average; Trends in bear market; Citation on the top picks for Dow Industrials.
- DJIA rockets 76.23 points. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/31/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 21, p2
Reports on the record performance of the United States stock market on the Dow Jones Industrials for January 30, 1996. Volume turnover mark; Record performance due to lower interest rates.
- Markets endure rough day as the Dow dives 207 points, leaving the bank sector bruised. Talley, Karen // American Banker;6/16/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 113, p32
Reports on the performance of equity markets in the United States on Monday, June 15, 1998, with reference to a decline in the Dow Jones industrial average. Impact of the stock decline on the banking industry; Factors which contributed to the decline; Stock performance of Citicorp, J.P. Morgan...
- Drop in Dow hurts retail and apparel. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/24/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 118, p2
Focuses on the drop in the Dow Jones Industrial index on June 23, 1997 affecting retail and apparel stocks. Exceptions to the down trend among fashion retailers; Kmart as one of the most active issues; Performance of other fashion retailers.