Put That in Your Putter and Smoke Itâ€¦
- The Fun and Value Factors. Ward, Matthew J. // Golfdom;Jan2005, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p47
Discusses the successful operations of several golf courses in the U.S. Information on the Club Max program in New York which provides private membership at several golf facilities in the area; Background on the Rustic Canyon Golf Course in Moonpark, California; Philosophy of Aurora's Golf...
- Mental toughness, mean business. Anderson, Judy // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/29/98, Vol. 45 Issue 26, p21A
Offers advice on how to apply mental toughness to become successful in any business or golf game. Need to find the areas that mean increased profitability; Culture encouraging sacrifice, hard work and pain tolerance.
- Doing It Right. Ramstead, Ken // GreenMaster;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p46
The article features the Northern Meadows golf course in Saskatchewan. It presents the factors which contributed to the success of the golf course, including the maintenance of standards found at wealthier private clubs. Some changes made at the golf course are provided. It also presents details...
- Business and Golf go Hand in Hand. Fowler, Mark // Walls & Ceilings;Nov2007, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p8
The author reflects on the similarities between playing golf and handling a business. He mentions that success in golf is seen in the final score while business success is measured at the end of a career. In relation to this, he gives examples of flubbed shots as similar to mistakes in business,...
- Teeing Up for Business: How Golf Can Get You In The Game. Swensen, Pamela // Business Journal (Central New York);3/23/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p12
The article provides strategies for ensuring business success using success principles practiced in golf. It is important to know the purpose of the business, to plan the business outing, interact with others, know the golf-course etiquette, have basic golf skills, select a course for all...
- The Zen Connection Between Golf and Leadership. Hayes, Larry // Credit Union Times;9/25/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p12
The author discusses aspects of playing golf in comparison with the issues experience by credit unions. He states that opportunities in missed birdie and golf balls offer lessons for the credit unions. He mentions that Zen moment pertains to recognize the negative issues and replacing these to...
- What it Takes to Win! // Golf Digest;Feb2002, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p31
Highlights the success of Callaway Golf Co. in the golf equipment industry. Impact of the firm's ongoing commitment to research and development on the sports; Use of the equipment by top touring professionals; Statistics on the success of the firm.
- Heller takes swing at golf course biz. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;10/15/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p15
Reports the business success of golf course developers lender Heller Financial Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Acquisition of BofA golf course loans; Renovation of Inverrary Country Club; Target clients of the company.
- Re/Max Long Drive Competition in Puerto Rico Deemed a Driving Success. May, Jonathan // Caribbean Business;11/29/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p52
The article reports on the success of the international division of the Re/Max World Long Drive Competition hosted by the San JosÃ© Golf Academy in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Upstart Bermudian Daniel Augustus defeated the defending Champion JosÃ© Quesada of Costa Rica. The event was deemed a...