- Backward Glance. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Sep2008, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p78
The article reports on the significance of the fire truck apparatus that has pumps and pump control panels mounted at the rear of the body. It is stated that fire departments that choose the rear pump option often find that it improves performance, efficiency, and safety. Moreover, depending on...
- SMART SPECS. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Dec2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p82
The article describes various fire engines with extra-heavy-duty aerial ladders which are designed to support high loads in operations in the U.S. The Anne Arundel County in Maryland, which took delivery of a 100-foot aerial ladder quint, is said to give an excellent firefighting and rescue...
- PUTTING SAFETY FIRST. // Fire Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p106
The article focuses on U.S. manufacturer of fire apparatus KME Kovatch. KME is a privately held, family owned company founded in 1946 by John J. Kovatch Jr. An overview of the KME Predator family of cabs and the PRO response vehicle, which includes information regarding the vehicle's...
- Love my tender. // Truck & Driver;Jan2006, p16
This article presents information about the Skoda fire engine from Skoda AS. One's first instinct is that the truck is a 1930s Chevrolet truck which would indeed have been rare but it is a Skoda truck dating from 1932. The fire engine is built as a water tanker with front-mounted pump. To read...
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Feb2000, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p158
Features various fire engines in the United States. Includes rescue pumpers; Pumper tankers; Urban interface pumpers.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2015, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p88
The article evaluates several firetrucks including the SEAGRAVE from Third District Fire Co., the RESCUE 1 heavy rescue truck, and SMEAL pumpers.
- Fire engines. Hughes, Monica // To the Rescue;2006, p8
This article provides information on fire engines. A fire engine is what brings firefighters to areas where there is fire. Fire engines move fast to get firefighters in time to put out fires. Some fire engines have ladders that are long. Firefighters climb the long ladders to rescue people in...
- A Fire-Truck Diagram. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
Presents a quiz about the parts of a fire truck.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p96
Presents fire trucks. Middlefield, Ohio, Fire Department's designing of 500-gallon water tank for its truck; Saddle Brook, New Jersey, Fire Department's purchasing of truck designed by Pierce; Abbotsford, British Columbia, Fire Department's use of Anderson truck.