Look to New Learning Strategies in New Year
- CERTIFICATION. Howes, Lori // UFRA Straight Tip;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p14
The article offers information on the quarterly updates at the certification office of the Utah Fire & Rescue Academy (UFRA) which includes the HazMat Awareness/Operations standard, Fire Instructor II certificate and Wildland firefighter I and II standards.
- QUARTERLY LIVE FIRE TESTING AT UFRA. Howes, Lori // UFRA Straight Tip;Apr2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p7
The article offers information on the quarterly live fire testing at the certification office of the Utah Fire & Rescue Academy (UFRA).
- Orange County graduates new volunteer firefighters. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/25/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p3
The article offers information on the Firefighter Graduation ceremony held by the Orange County Fire Training Center in Goshen, New York in which thirty volunteer firefighters were awarded with certificates upon the completion of the summer program.
- FIRE OFFICER I STANDARD UPDATED. Howes, Lori // UFRA Straight Tip;Jul-Sep2014, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p41
The article reports that the Certification Council of Utah updated the Fire Officer I standard on May 15, 2014, which included a new appendix containing samples of memorandum, the fire flow calculations and a scenario to better prepare candidates for manipulative skills examination.
- Instructional Demonstrations. GLOSSER, KURT // Fire Engineering;Feb2010, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p20
The article suggests a method to apply when training colleagues and new recruits in the fire service. According to the author, there are two ways on how our brain processes knowledge, one is called declarative knowledge which allows one to name, explain and talk about matters and the other is...
- Superheroes? No; Extraordinary? Absolutely. Schliek, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p20
No abstract available.
- HOW FIREFIGHTERS LEARN ON THE JOB. Sandleben, Otto // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p109
Focuses on the on-the-job training of fire fighters. Definition of on-the-job training; Importance of social learning; Factors influencing to on-the-job training.
- DEVELOPING AND IMPLEMENTING A MENTOR PROGRAM. Lewis, Walter J. // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p61
Discusses the development and implementation of a mentor program for firefighters at the Orlando Fire Department in Florida. Goals of the cadet program; Enhancement of training; Establishment of objectives; Funding of the program.
- Minnesota goes to the Philippines. Schliek, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p19
The article focuses on a contract awarded by the Minnesota Fire Service Certification Board (MFSCB) to ARFF Training Concepts (ATC) to train Philippine firefighters for duty in different parts of the world. The International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) and the ProBoard have...