- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p100
Features several fire fighting equipment. Capacity of the CCS-COBRA from Cold Cut System AB; Physical description of the MacKenzie chainsaw pack developed by Frontline Safety Gear; Capabilities of the AtroPen injector from Meridian Medical Technologies Inc.
- BAFE Scheme in line with RRO. // Fire Safety Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that the BAFE approved technicians scheme continues to develop as the role of competent persons. It is reported that it attains even greater prominence in the new Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order and the benefits of third party certification are increasingly recognized...
- Reliability of the FDS simulating on Fire extinguishing with straight stream of compressed AFFF. Su Lin; Wang Lijing; Xue Lin // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 644-650, p4876
By utilizing the fire dynamics simulation software FDS, simulate the fire extinguishing process of the diesel oil fire and gasoline fire with the compressed air foam agent, and compare it with the actual fire extinguishing test. Verify the reliability and the accuracy of the simulation...
- COMPANY NEWS. // Fire Chief;Apr2007, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p13
The article offers news briefs in the firefighting equipment industry in the U.S. The BullEx Digital Safety will be having its first "Hotshot Challenge" and the fastest firefighter to extinguish flames using the company's fire extinguisher system will be awarded. Emergency Technologies Inc....
- Proper Use of Fire Extinguishers. // Body Bulletin;Oct2002, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p4
Provides tips for proper use of fire extinguishers.
- A tool best left unused. Taylor, Jeff // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Feb97, Vol. 21 Issue 132, p61
Gives directions and tips on how to operate a fire extinguisher. Types of fires; Features of a household portable fire extinguisher; Color-coded pressure gauges; Keeping fire extinguishers in vehicles; Assessment of house for fire hazard. INSETS: Don't keep the home fires burning, by Nestor...
- Holiday home fire safety tips. // Ellis County Press;11/24/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p8
The article offers suggestions from Paul Davis Emergency Services to prevent fire at home during holiday season which includes use of non-combustible decoration, no broken sockets and fire extinguishers.
- Portable fire extinguishers. // Fleet Equipment;May98, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
Presents tips for handling and preventing fires. Types of fire identified by the National Fire Protection Association; Why extinguishers work; How to ensure the use of fire extinguishers during a fire.
- LARRY'S SAFETY CLINIC. Kotkowski, Larry // Equipment Echoes;Winter2009, Issue 95, p2
The article offers tips on how to prevent fire hazards in the work area including checking the work area for any hazards before a work starts and having a good fire extinguisher.