- Lesbian study goes on, thanks to $3M NIH grant. // Windy City Times;8/5/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p6
The article announces that the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing has received a federal grant from the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
- Barnes & Noble/IBM Alliance Challenges Borders. // Chain Store Age;Jan2000, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p156
Reports on the plans of book retailer Barnes & Noble Inc. to experiment with print-on-demand technology under a partnership with IBM. Capabilities of print-on-demand technology; Schedule for the start of operations of the facility with print-on-demand technology.
- IBM to offer Convera's RetrievalWare. // Knowledge Management;Apr2002, p6
Reports on the decision of International Business Machines (IBM) to offer Convera's RetrievalWare as the search and retrieval technology for its Network Interactive Content Access (NICA) publishing industry solution. Digital asset management pre-press solution; Creation of an extension to the...
- All the computer news fit to print. Radding, Alan; Smith, Therese Kauchak // Advertising Age;11/9/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 46, pS-12
The article focuses on IBM Corp.'s publication of magazines "Beyond Computing" and "Profit" in its effort to reverse trend regarding the unsuccessful publication of full-fledged magazines by computer vendors. A third magazine on chief executive officers is being studied. The magazines will be...
- Pearson Outsources Computer Operations. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/30/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 39, p10
Focuses on the agreement between publishing company Pearson and IBM in September 2002. Number of Penguin/Pearson Education locations in several U.S. states that will be involved in the computer switch; Number of Pearson employees who will become IBM employees as part of the outsourcing project....
- The devil is in the details. // U.S. Banker;Sep96, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p10
Comments on the effort by IBM Corp. to involve major United States banks to its Inet payment processing company. Initial dissatisfaction of banks with IBM's contractual performance guarantees; Additional concern about IBM's long-term commitment; Initial capitalization estimates.
- New line of small mainframes, software programs unveiled. // ABA Banking Journal;Dec86, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p84
No abstract available.
- Credit reprot leader Equifax teams up with IBM to enter digital certification business. Power, Carol // American Banker;6/11/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 110, p19
Reports that in 1998 Equifax Incorporated and International Business Machines Corporation entered into an agreement, to develop and market digital certificate services. Stipulations of this agreement; Details on digital certification; Comment from David Stewart, a director at Global Concepts...
- Library Without Books. // Banking;Jan66, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p94
Presents updates on banks and banking in the U.S. as of January 1, 1966. Electronic libraries in Hawthorne, New York offered by the International Business Machines Corporation; Features of the electronic libraries; Banking services and functions which can be handled by the computer program.