K-12 Sales Decline in Nov., Industry Remains Ahead of 2002 for the YTD
- College Sales Slump in November, Net Sales Flat Near Year's End. // Educational Marketer;2/2/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the financial performance of the publishing industry in the U.S. as of 2003. Effect of the sales decline in November on the year-to-date growth of the industry; Net sales of the industry for the first 11 months of 2003; Comparison of the gross sales of November 2003 from that of...
- As Fall Buying Season Opens, College Textbook Sales Fall: AAP. // Educational Marketer;10/13/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p8
Reports on the financial performance of the educational publishing industry in the U.S. Gross sales of college textbooks in August 2003; Percentage of students who do not purchase textbooks; Action taken by the National Association of College Stores.
- Adoption State Textbook Sales Fall In Feb.; Total YTD Sales Up 5.8%. // Educational Marketer;4/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the financial performance of K-12 publishers of textbooks in the U.S. in January and February 2003. Decline of the sales of 6-12 textbooks in the same period in adoption states; Increase of sales in non-adoption states;
- College Net Sales Decrease 11% In Nov.; YTD Sales Track 5% Growth. // Educational Marketer;1/23/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that net sales for college textbooks in the U.S. decreased by 11 percent to $183.5 million in November 2005, compared to November 2004. Gross sales in November 2005 decreased by 4.9 percent to $279.7 million. These data were gleaned from the monthly sales report from the...
- U.S. K-12 Sales Increase 15.4%; Up In Adoption States And OTs. // Educational Marketer;4/11/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the increase in the sales of elementary and high school textbooks and supplemental materials in the U.S. during the first two months of 2005. Percentage of the increase; Projected revenue growth; Net sales in 2000.
- No Upturn in Sight, Recovery May Be as Far Away as 2003. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p57
Presents charts and tables depicting the financial report of magazine companies in the United States. Growth of advertising-dollar for male enthusiast magazines; Status of the publicly traded magazine companies; Recovery of magazine media company stock prices.
- Industry Fears Bad Book Market May Get Worse. // Book Publishing Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the financial statements of the publishers and retailers in the U.S. Decline of revenue; Volatility of the economy; Plan of employee dismissal.
- School Specialty Revenue Down, Margins Improve. // Educational Marketer;12/ 7/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p1
The article presents the School Specialty Inc.'s financial report for the second quarter of 2010. It states a decline in the company's revenue by 11.3% which was influenced by less school spending. It relates that School Specialty responded by cutting costs and driving free cash flow that...
- Thomson Learning 2004 Revenue Up 5.9%; U.S. Higher Education Revenue Increases 4.5%. // Educational Marketer;2/21/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the increase in the global revenue of Thomson Learning Corp. Growth in all the business units of the publishing house; Benefits of the business units from the company acquisitions; Dominance of the company in the market in the U.S.; Efforts of the company to push the sale of...