HarperCollins Blends Business and Football
- Getting an early read on the NFL. Pompei, Dan // Sporting News;9/27/2004, Vol. 228 Issue 39, p43
The article provides information related to books on football. The 2004 NFL season is only two games old, but already an all-time record might have been set for books published about the sport. "Winning the NFL Way: Leadership Lessons from Football's Top Head Coaches," by Bob LaMonte, an agent...
- Quiche Conquest (Book Review). Ball, Joseph W. // American Historical Review;Oct79, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p1211
Reviews the book 'Quiche Conquest: Centralism and Regionalism in Highland Guatemalan State Development,' by John W. Fox.
- The Boys on the Rock (Book). Henderson, David W. // Library Journal;8/1/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p1466
Reviews the book 'The Boys on the Rock,' by John Fox.
- In Happy Valley (Book). // New Republic;11/10/17, Vol. 13 Issue 158, p56
Reviews the book "In Happy Valley," by John Fox Jr.
- The Ball: Discovering the Object of the Game. Christensen, Bryce // Booklist;5/15/2012, Vol. 108 Issue 18, p11
Reviews the book "The Ball: Discovering the Object of the Game" by John Fox
- John Foxe and the joy of suffering. Knott, John R. // Sixteenth Century Journal;Fall96, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p721
Focuses on John Foxe's book `Acts and Monuments'. Rejection of early Christian and medieval emphasis on exceptional nature of martyrs; Focus on human qualities of Protestant martyrs; Communal experience of persecuted faithful.
- John Foxe as hagiographer: The question revisited. Bartlett, I. Ross // Sixteenth Century Journal;Winter95, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p771
Evaluates the Marian sections of John Foxe's `Acts and Monuments' as hagiography according to the best standards developed for the consideration of early church and medieval accounts. John Foxe's selection of material and style to give accounts of individual lives and exemplars of actions and...
- `The reik of maister Patrik Hammyltoun': John Foxe... Freeman, Thomas S. // Sixteenth Century Journal;Spring96, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p42
Discusses how and when author John Foxe acquired the material for his book `Acts and Monuments,' on which he based his accounts of the Protestant martyrs. Name of Foxe's informant; Names of some of the martyrs; When these executions took place; Reason for these executions; Hallmarks of the...
- Garden in the Sky. Fellows, David // Environmental Education;Spring2012, Vol. 99, p26
No abstract available.