DK Uncovers New Revenue Opportunity
- EX-DITLO PARTNERS REUNITE FOR AMERICA 24/7. DeFoore, Jay; Walker, David // Photo District News;May2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
Reports that Rick Smolan and David Elliot Cohen, who produced 'A Day in the Life of America' in 1986 and spawned the DITLO franchise, have hired 1,000 photographers to shoot pictures during the week of May 12 to 18, 2003 for a book called 'America 24/7.' Release date of the book; Features of...
- America 24/7 Generates Early Holiday Buzz. // Book Publishing Report;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p5
Reports on Dorling Kindersley's marketing of the book 'America 24/7' for the holiday season. Retail price; Use of digital photography; Creation of a major display of the book's photographs; Publisher's plans. INSET: Marketing America 24/7.
- America 24/7: 50 States, 50 Books. Roncevic, Mirela // Library Journal;10/1/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p82
Reviews the book "America 24/7," by Rick Smolan and David Elliot Cohen.
- America 24/7 (Book). Bial, Raymond // Library Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 20, p111
Reviews the book "America 24/7," by Rick Smolan and David Elliott Cohen.
- UNITED STATES: A Week in the Life. // Conde Nast Traveler;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p50
Features the photography book series "America 24/7," by David Elliot Cohen.
- Book icon could be dropped as Dorling Kindersley expands. // Design Week (Online Edition);3/3/2011, p3
The article informs the expansion of international publishing company Dorling Kindersley Publishing Inc. to digital markets. To present themselves in more advanced form, company has decided to refresh its book icon by dropping down the old one. It mentions that to represent the brand globally,...
- The ROMing of the Science Book. Lutz, Diana // American Scientist;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p566
Ponders on whether science books can tell stories. Information on the book series of Dorling Kindersley (DK) publishing; Criticisms on DK books; Samples of science books that tell stories. INSET: Science Books and Software for Children.
- Books to answer kids' questions. // Curriculum Administrator;Oct96, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p48
Looks at books that propose to answer questions asked by children published by DK Publishing. Information on the books `Why Does Lightning Strike,' `The Really Hairy Scary Spider,' `Why are Zebras Black and White' and `Incredible Comparisons.'
- Pressing matters. // Publishers Weekly;9/11/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 37, p87
Presents Press-Out books from Dorling Kindersley. `Animal Ark'; `Farm Animals'; `Things That Go'; `Dinosaurs.'