Author Spotlight: Holly Black & Tony DiTerlizzi
- Living a fantasy. Taaffe, Rachael // Scholastic Parent & Child;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p56
An interview with the creators of "The Spiderwick Chronicles" Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi is presented. Black was overwhelmed on the feedback of the children about the book, saying that it is the first book they have read on their own. He thought that boys probably like a lot more things...
- Goblins and Boggarts and Trolls, Oh My! Lodge, Sally // Publishers Weekly;4/14/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 15, p27
Presents information on the book 'The Spiderwick Chronicle,' by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black. Theme of the book; Problems encountered by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing with the book; Plans of the publisher for the marketing of the book.
- Children's Series and Tie-ins Bestsellers. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;1/28/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 4, p22
The article reviews several children's books including "Twilight Saga," by Stephenie Meyer, "The Spiderwick Chronicles," by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi and "Gossip Girl," by Cecily von Ziegesar.
- Children's Series and Tie-ins Bestsellers. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;5/30/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 22, p22
Presents a list of the best-selling children's book series and tie-ins in the U.S. as of May 30, 2005. "A Series of Unfortunate Events," by Lemony Snicket; "Gossip Girl," by Cecily von Ziegesar; "The Princess Diaries," by Meg Cabot; "The Spiderwick Chronicles," by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi.
- SPOTLIGHT ON ... KIDS' BOOKS . // People;7/21/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p50
Reviews several children's books. "Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism," by Georgia Byng; "Stop the Train!" by Geraldine McCaughrean; "The Boy Who Saved Baseball," by John H. Ritter; "Ruby Electric," by Theresa Nelson; "The Spiderwick Chronicles," by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black; "The...
- Adapting the Magic of "The Spiderwick Chronicles": An Interview with Holly Black. Walker, Elsie // Literature Film Quarterly;2011, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p2
Presents an interview with Holly Black, author of "The Spiderwick Chronicles," a series of fantasy books for children. Black discusses the personalities of the main characters in her books as well as her concept of teaching the children about the diverse nature of a magical fantasy world. When...
- Spiderwick On Screen. // Writing;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 30 Issue 5, Special section p4
The article offers information about the film "The Spiderwick Chronicles." It comes from another movie adaption of a book series written by Holly Black and illustrated by Tony DiTerlizzi. It is announced that to learn more regarding the books and see video clips of Black and DiTerlizzi about...
- THE FIELD GUIDE (Book). Roback, Diane; Brown, Jennifer M.; Bean, Joy; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;4/14/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 15, p70
Reviews the fiction book 'The Field Guide,' by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black.
- The Spiderwick Chronicles. Ward, Kate // Entertainment Weekly;2/29/2008, Issue 980, p65
A review is presented of the motion picture "The Spiderwick Chronicles," featuring Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black adapted from the children's books featuring fictional character Jared Grace.