Strong Holiday Season Bolsters Amazon.com 4Q Profits
- Amazon.com Reports 3Q 2003 Results. // Book Publishing Report;10/27/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p5
Reports on the corporate profit of online retailer Amazon.com Inc. for the third quarter of fiscal year 2003 in the U.S. Result of the changes in foreign exchange rates; Total amount of the operating income; Facilitation of free shipping initiative.
- Amazon.com Posts Profit, Loses Euro Heads. // Chain Store Age;Mar2002, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p86
Provides information on the financial condition of Amazon.com as of March 2002. Business losses sustained by the company during the 4th quarter of 2001; Effect of the exchange rate on the finances of the company; Comparison of sales revenue with other online marketers; Resignation of several...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;1/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the sales performance of Amazon.com Inc.'s books, music and video (BMV)/DVD division in the fourth quarter of 2001. Total increase in pro forma operating income for the unit; Improvement in company-wide sales during the period; Net sales at the BMV division for the full year.
- Amazon Gains 38.8%, Forgets to Say Why. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2010, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the business profit of Amazon.Com Inc. in the U.S. For the third quarter of 2010, its net sales increased by 38.8%, reaching its 7.6 billion dollars, surpassing its 21 billion dollars sales from January to September 2010. Moreover, its net sales for the fourth quarter of...
- Amazon Revenue Up 14.7% in Q3; Expecting Banner Q4. // Book Publishing Report;10/30/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p3
The article reports on the growth in revenue of Amazon.com Inc. in its media business in North America. It has a reported growth of 14.7 percent from $684 million to $784 million for the third quarter with a decline in the operating income at 28 percent to $40 million in the three months period...
- Amazon Swings Into Red in Q2 as Fire Spreads. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2013, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p11
The article discusses the sales of online retailer Amazon in the second quarter (Q2) of 2013. It states that the companies Q2 sales has increased by 22 percent to 15.7 billion but indicated a net loss of $7 million in Q2 compared to the net income in Q2 2012 which was $7 million. It also...
- Online giant transforms performance into huge profits. // Cabinet Maker;8/7/2015, Issue 5943, p12
The article reports on the announcement of the U.S.-based online retail company Amazon.com Inc. regarding its substantial profits growth for the second quarter (Q2) of 2015, ending June 30, 2015.
- L'OrÃ©al's '03 Net Rises 16.7%. Weil, Jennifer; Costello, Brid // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/23/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 37, p18
Reports on the financial performance of Paris, France-based L'Oreal in 2003. Net income; Profit gains; Profit guidance for 2004; Net operational profit; Consolidated sales for 2003; Impact of the unprecedented exchange-rate fluctuations on the business.
- Nike Posts Growth in 3rd Quarter. Beckett, Whitney; Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/23/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 62, p10
The article reports on the financial performance of Nike Inc. in the U.S. Buoyed by strong sales in all global regions, Nike Inc. reported steady growth in earnings and sales for the third quarter of fiscal year 2007. All of Nike's global regions posted sales growth in the quarter, boosted by...