Time Warner May Turn to Acquisitions as Sales Slow
- Cable, Web fortify TW. Hayes, Dade; Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;5/3/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the mixed financial results of Time Warner Inc. for the quarter ended March 31, 2007 in the U.S. It cites that the company has a dynamic growth in cable and Internet holdings which offsets decline in film and publishing. The company has posted a 9% increase in total...
- TW to doubters: Take that; surges 21% in 4th quarter. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/7/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 1, p65
The article reports that Time Warner Inc. (TW) gained sonic extra ammunition against dissident shareholders last week as it reported a 21% fourth-quarter profit increase driven by strong growth at its cable systems, TV networks and film unit. In a conference call, chairman and CEO Richard...
- When Financial Statements Aren't Clean. Jaffe, Mark // NACD Directorship;Oct2004, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p13
Presents information on identifying and assessing the risks involved with corporate financial statements. Type of risk which raises concerns among the investment community; Kinds of risks associated with corporate accounts; Methods used by directors at Time Warner to reduce the risk exposure...
- Film results to control third qtr. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/31/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 40, p14
The article focuses on issues related to the entertainment industry in the U.S. Media and entertainment analysts have been fairly quiet in the run-up to the financial reporting season this time around, with only a few announcing modifications to financial projections for the third quarter for...
- UNLUCKY BET. // Daily Variety;5/3/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the earnings of Time Warner Inc. which slipped to 583 million dollars while its revenue rose to seven million dollars.
- TW reports first-quarter losses. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p55
Reports that Time Warner Incorporated has recorded losses of $119 million for first quarter of 1996. Time Warner Cables' subscriber base; Cash flow from Warner's Home box Office; Losses incurred by Time Warner's WB broadcast television network; Views of Richard Reed, an analyst with Arnhold &...
- Time Warner gains. // Crain's New York Business;7/22/96, Vol. 12 Issue 30, p30
Reports on the increase in the operating cash flow for Time Warner Inc. for the second quarter of 1996.
- Time Warner will sell stock. // Hollywood Reporter;11/22/95, Vol. 339 Issue 49, p12
Reports on Time Warner Inc.'s plans to sell securities.
- Time Warner puts its Turner stake up for sale. Marich, Robert // Hollywood Reporter;2/8/95, Vol. 335 Issue 47, p1
Reports on Time Warner Inc.'s plans to sell noncore assets to raise $2-3 billion. Agreement to acquire Cablevision Industries Corp.; Stock prices; Priority for cash-generating divestitures; Company operation; Comments from Gerald Levin, Time Warner's chairman.